SJCAM SJ4000 1080p vs GoPro

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the SJCAM SJ4000 Sports Cam? They look very similar to a GoPro. I know there are several knock offs and fake versions of this camera I was interested in info on the original SJCAM.

I saw this video review here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnHDu-oW7_Y[/youtube]

I was wondering if anyone ever tried to mount this on a Phantom gimbal in place of a GoPro. (after watching the video review I don't think it would work for FPV because I don't think it can record and do video out at the same time)

I just ordered one with two batteries for $60. I don't have a reason to put it on a quad right now as I already have two GoPros. I was planning on abusing it a bit like I wouldn't with my $400 GoPros :cool: I was going to suction cup mount it outside my car when I'm driving in interesting spots and whatever else I can think of.

Hey there,

I have been a victim to buying a fake sj4000 and I sent it back. I than went out and brought a sjcam sj4000 wifi which I absolutely love. Both fake and real version are very similar video quality. With my fake one I was getting error messages coming out of my ears within 2 days of use.

The wifi on the sj4000 I don't rate very much but for money value it's perfect.

Both fake and real cameras come with loads of different attachments to which popped in to the dji bracket no problem. If you are using the water proof casing provided with the camera on the phantom you will have to rotate your camera screen done through the cameras options.

Just remember the real sjcam says sjcam on the front of the camera and when you turn on the welcome screen it says sj4000. If it just says welcome it's a fake

Hope this dribble helps

Interesting info.. I don't have the camera yet it will be here on Tuesday according to tracking.

This is the one I ordered
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261747851504 I also got a 2 year squaretrade warranty for $10

Looking at the pictures of the cam it doesn't look like it will say SJCAM on it. I was already aware it didn't list WIFI as one of the features. I hardly use that with my GoPros anyway.

I hope I didn't buy $60 worth of junk. I'll have a look at it and see when I have it in hand. Thanks for some tips on it though.

I was wondering if anyone ever tried to mount this on a Phantom gimbal in place of a GoPro. (after watching the video review I don't think it would work for FPV because I don't think it can record and do video out at the same time)

I just seen a video on how to even get one to fit and work on a zemuse gimbal and they are work for fpv and record video if you have the right firmware installed. But they have a different usb plug then the go pro does. The gopro uses a mine usb and the sjcams use a standard micro usb plug like what a tablet or phone usually has for the usb.

Just remember the real sjcam says sjcam on the front of the camera and when you turn on the welcome screen it says sj4000. If it just says welcome it's a fake

Interesting cause I just got one of these the other day and even tho mine dont say sjcam on the front and only says HD1080p on The original firmware and a few others that I tried till I got the right updated version a few of them just said welcome on the screen when I turned it on. But now that I got the right and the latest firmware that works for it and for what i need. it says SJCAM on the first screen when it first powers on.

So even if the one I got happened to be a fake knock off of the sjcam go pro knock off. It at least seems to think its a real sjcam now. It seems to be an alright cam out side of the super wide angle 170 degree lens and it only seeming to record in . .MOV files for the videos which I really dont like. But I think I want to do the same as knuckles and just use it some place I would not want to use a $400 go pro for. Like maybe under the frame of my truck or maybe even right above the water line on the bow of my boat this summer.

I got mine in the mail on Tuesday. I haven't upgraded it. I did a couple of 12mp. single photos and they weren't great. The 1080p video seems decent though. I haven't used it that much yet so I need to do some further testing. I like the fact that it came with a ton of different mounts and an extra battery for the price I paid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers