Size of Phone Clamp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I work away from home, so haven't got my Phantom with me (I work on a ship), but have got my 3D Printer with me.

I want to design and print a sunvisor for my Iphone and use the existing Phone Clamp that came with my FC40.
Please could someone post the size of the Phone Clamp Jaws so I design a cutout in to the visor to suit it.
From memmory it's in the order of 35 to 40mm wide, and about 5mm at the angle where it grips the phone.
If any one could measure thiers and post the size it would help me greatly, and I'll post the STL file if anyone else wants to print it when done....
Many thanks...
Kim.. ;)

72 views and no one has a ruler.......

Hi Dirk... thanks for the pictures..... It's the width of the clamp please... I need to allow access for the clamp to hold the phone/visor assembly, but my Phantom is safelly tucked up 400 miles away...At home.
If you look at the oblong hole in the back side, it needs to be wide enough for the clamp to go throu.
Thank you...

Attachments

• Iphone Sun Visor.jpg
    Iphone Sun Visor.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 566
Great thank you...... Perfect...

OK, thanks for that... Just setting up the printer to do a print of it now. I'd guessed about 30mm from memmory, but wanted someone to confirm it for me... Thanks again...

I just finished 2.0 of my visor prototype, and I found that it's actually better if you let the void for the clamp wrap 5-7mm down the back of the "box".
This allows the clamp to fully wrap around the phone, and the angle of the clamp arm holds the visor firmly in place.
I made the width of my slot at 30mm, and it's just a hair oversize. Probably go with 27-28mm.

Attachments

• phantom-visor-prototype-2.jpeg
    phantom-visor-prototype-2.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 469
  • phantom-visor-back-2.jpeg
    phantom-visor-back-2.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 508
  • phantom-visor-line-2.png
    phantom-visor-line-2.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 460
  • phantom-visor-front-2.jpeg
    phantom-visor-front-2.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 430
Many thanks for your kind help there Dirk.... I was starting to think that every one on here was really shy......
Ok, well I got the print done, it needs a little adjusting which I've done now, and I hope to have a useable SunShade when I next get a chance to print it (tomoorow hopefully). I was amazed how strong it is as well, which is an added bonus.
Cheers Bud..
Kim..

Thanks for you help Dirk.
Here's the 2nd print of the Iphone Shade.
Just some minor tweaks to do and it's finished. Like reducing the size of the sound button cut outs.

As you can see it's good and solid.
It'll be Black or Blue the final one....
Thanks for helping with the clamp size.

Hi Stein, yepp I like that Shade of yours. I wanted something that could take knocking around in the boot (guess you call it the trunk) of the car a fair bit, as well as protecting the phone for those brain dead clumsy moments.... (Daaaaaaaaaaa! should I be flying....lol).
Had my FC40 about 5 weeks now, and clocking up allot of hrs when I'm home...

Attachments

• IphoneShade.jpg
    IphoneShade.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 309
Just a quick update... The prototype works fine. If you take a look on the SunShade thread you'll see a couple of pictures of it sat in the DJI clamp.
Just needs a couple of tiny tweeks to finish it off a treat...
Kim..

If any one wants one of my SunShades they are item 331266907560 on Ebay.co.uk...
Made for Iphone 4S Iphone 5 Samsung Note 3, and soon the HTC Desire 610 and Mini Ipad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl