Sinking Waypoints

Reaction score
So I'm filming for a class at a local community college tonight, and decide to try the new waypoint feature. I tried and tested it last night just to verify I had it set up right. Anyway, I get to the class early, pull the drone out to set up the waypoints and created 2 waypoint lists. The class starts, I start the drone and initiate one of the waypoint favorites. It does fine. I put it on the second one. It also does fine. I put it back into P mode and do some manual aerial shots. After that, I bring the phantom back to the starting point, put it into F mode and choose one of the 2 favorites. It uploads the waypoints, and begins. However, as it is going along, it starts 'sinking'... and I mean within inches of the ground. I put it back into P mode and elevate, but decide not to try that again until I can figure out what happened. Anyone else had this happen or know what might have caused it ?

I think they were 16 feet. I was mostly concerned with the x and y - not the z. Last night I could not set the POI unless it was 17 feet or something. I don't remember seeing this limitation while setting waypoints.

I think they were 16 feet. I was mostly concerned with the x and y - not the z. Last night I could not set the POI unless it was 17 feet or something. I don't remember seeing this limitation while setting waypoints.
That's almost in the range of vision positioning sensors, maybe you were over a non compatible surface, i.e reflective? Otherwise maybe bad GPS lock (or both). Just a guess

I don't know. It was over grass and gravel. I guess the main takeaway for me is going to be that you need to have your hand on that switch and be ready to override the autopilot.. Thanks for the reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31