Single stick shuts off motors???? IOC enabling benefits???

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals,

Noob here, first time Rc flier - well when I say flier, I manGed to trash 2 props after just 10 seconds. Wonder if that's a record.

Anyway I have a couple of questions Id like to ask....

1. I know there is a 2 stick combo to start and stop motors, but my P2 will shut motors off if only the left stick is held at either of the 2 lower corners for a few seconds. Does this sound right?

2. IOC is disabled out of the box. I was under the assumption that course and home lock was easier for noobs? When I looked at enabling it I got a bad *** warning that I should be experienced before I continued. This has confused me a bit - advice on this appreciated please.

Thanks for any feedback

Michael

Re: Single stick shuts off motors???? IOC enabling benefits?

Jinxleprechaun said:
Hi guys n gals,

Noob here, first time Rc flier - well when I say flier, I manGed to trash 2 props after just 10 seconds. Wonder if that's a record.

Anyway I have a couple of questions Id like to ask....

1. I know there is a 2 stick combo to start and stop motors, but my P2 will shut motors off if only the left stick is held at either of the 2 lower corners for a few seconds. Does this sound right?

2. IOC is disabled out of the box. I was under the assumption that course and home lock was easier for noobs? When I looked at enabling it I got a bad *** warning that I should be experienced before I continued. This has confused me a bit - advice on this appreciated please.

Thanks for any feedback

Michael

You're right; just throttle stick down to kill the motors but both sticks down diagonal to start them.
Regarding the IOC, I agree there is definitely some helpful features for noobs but they are as clear cut as they sound. The return to home switch is very handy but this same switch also activates the atti mode so if you bumped it but didn't notice then that could cause strife for a noob.
My advice would be to stick with the ordinary mode for about a dozen flights until your confident with its when facing any direction, then activate the Naza-m
Good luck!

Re: Single stick shuts off motors???? IOC enabling benefits?

Jinxleprechaun said:
...but my P2 will shut motors off if only the left stick is held at either of the 2 lower corners for a few seconds. Does this sound right?

On landing, you can hold the left stick straight down (this is the throttle) for a few seconds. You don't need to do down-left or down-right. Going to the left or right may have caused it to tip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20