Single blades or tri blades

Do tri blades make a difference?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Being new to the Phantom 3 Standard I am wondering if anyone could offer advice on which/what are the best to buy after crashing my current blades.

Are the singular straight across better or the tri blades?

Or are they the same?

Stick with props made by DJI. They all work well and will not void your warranty.

They are carbon fibre but that's neither here or there. I just wondered if there was a difference with the tri blades.

Three words: balance balance balance. Otherwise, I actually think four-bladed props would be better.

Being new to the Phantom 3 Standard I am wondering if anyone could offer advice on which/what are the best to buy after crashing my current blades.

Are the singular straight across better or the tri blades?

Or are they the same?

Welcome to the forum!

As @msinger said, stick with DJI props, and I am going to add batteries also.

I am assuming your new to Phantoms completely, If so look / search for Phantom crashes, something usually brakes on a crash, usually the camera / gimbal. So what I am getting at is with stock parts they still go down.

It makes me sick, when somebody first post is.

Well I crashed because...
or
Can somebody tell me what happened...

I'm happy this wasn't part of your first post.
;)

Rod

Thanks Rod, new to the drones but not new to DJI as have the OSMO also.

Unfortunately though my second post here IS I have just crashed because....:(:(o_Oo_O

But thank you all, I will always stick to official batteries and blades in that case :)

OMG, well if you dare, what was your mistake?
I was just thinking, we need F/C flight ratio, maybe that would help some of feel better or worse.:rolleyes:

Flight success / Crashed flight.

Hopefully your better than,

F/C
0/1 :eek:

Rod

More blades = less efficiency... so yes a single blade is most efficient.

The need for tri-blade (and beyond) is to reduce overall disc diameter for the needs of the design such as ground clearance or placing wing mounted engines closer to the fuselage.

Saying they work really well in high winds has no technical merit.

If they are carbon fiber, sure.... carbon fiber increases everything by 1000% no matter what it is. :)
Why do have to lie to the newbs?

It's at least 10,000%, 11,000 if you put a sticker on it too. o_O

Reactions: MrMedic
OMG, well if you dare, what was your mistake?
I was just thinking, we need F/C flight ratio, maybe that would help some of feel better or worse.:rolleyes:

Flight success / Crashed flight.

Hopefully your better than,

F/C
0/1 :eek:

Rod

Currently
FS = 22
CF = 2

Dont feel too bad but need to work out why my drone now heads to the ground very quickly though everything spins up fine

@Rschris
Phantoms don't fall out of the sky, their default RTH is China.

Rod

I would appreciate it if it did it by going through the air and not tunneling through the ground though!!

I caught a tree in an orchard whilst filming our new vehicle....now that side of the drones speeds up and slows down...dont know what the problem is entirely.

Might give us some more details, there is some smarts here, did you do a IMU?

Rod

Now your a comedian:rolleyes:
Let us know if it works or not.
Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik