Simple poll: which do you do more of, read or fly?

Which do you do more, read or fly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
There's a lot of info to plow through, so we're safe and our birds come home. Be as honest as you can.

For me read, but I've only flown about 4:5 hours and am fairly new. I imaging it's a sliding scale.

Living in the land of frozen tundra, my opportunities to fly in winter are somewhat limited, but my reading time is not.
I don't mind the reading since it makes my flying time better. At this point I guess it's 5/1, reading/flying.

Tobby

Read.

Busy. Winter. Cold. Dark. Family.

The forum is informative, entertaining, and can be browsed for a few minutes with no prep, charging, boots, coat...

Hoping the scale changes with the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I def read more than fly. Trying to learn more everyday! I've had my P4 since December. I'm also somewhat constricted by hectic weather but my first flight was on Christmas Eve and as of today this is where I am:

90AB73D5-69BC-4849-8D09-224B20C8FD43_zpsxdut3rap.jpg

Reactions: antnyp85
I definitely read more. It's winter so not too many nice days to fly. Plus I wanted to make sure I read the manual front to back before flying. I also read posts in the forum, along with watching tutorials on YouTube prior to flying. I still love watching more and more tutorials and other drone videos on YouTube as well as all the posts on this forum. When I DO fly, I try and get in as much time as I can :)

47987da2a08f1499f8bc49e193e4b729.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Read mostly, have to trying to keep the peace in 3 of these
8 Forums we have. Who has time to fly :rolleyes:
IMG_7679.jpg
And my P2 just sits there :(
Wrong ;)

New flyer = read, and taking online courses. Plus it's winter here. Summer might be a different story.

Went to bed early last night so I could wake early and get some sunrise shots. This is ground wind and the gusts seem higher. Ugg!

Capture.PNG

I fly a LOT but also have the luxury of online time during the day so read a LOT too.

I was thinking when summer comes fly > read, but I just realized I'll swap that time to video editing and reading about that instead :D

I don't watch TV much, that may have something to do with it.

Before I fly, especially in a new location, I research, make sure it's legal to fly there, use Google Earth to plan my shots, and do a rough mission plan on Litchi. I figure I spend twice as much time reading and preparing than I do flying. When I get in trouble flying, it's because I didn't plan things out very well.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Read .... but with caveat. My book/novel reading has slowed considerably with the time spent on the web and for which constitutes the majority of my reading. And that's really bad news! I would say book vs flight time is pretty much a dead heat at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.