Simple FPV goggles with focus?

Reaction score
DJI goggles are overkill for me. I just want a simple pair of wired goggles that aren't too heavy that I can use without wearing glasses. I'm tired of trying to shade my screen in bright sunlight.

DJI goggles are overkill for me. I just want a simple pair of wired goggles that aren't too heavy that I can use without wearing glasses. I'm tired of trying to shade my screen in bright sunlight.
I would like this too, but I don't think it's available!

I've bought 4 different goggle setups, Eachines Goggle One, Fatshark (worthless IMO), Headplay, and DJI Goggles. None of them are optimal with acceptable diopter adjustment for focus. I've always had to experiment with different readers to focus on the close screen, sometimes adding the Carsen clip-on lenses inside the goggle. For P4P you'll need to start with installing the HDMI port, unless you have the PLUS controller (I assume not since the display brightness is your problem). I think the Eachine Goggles Two may be the best option for the money today, but I haven't tested them yet. I use Speert.com to get high powered readers with specific width frames to fit various goggles. It's a real hassle to use glasses, but that's the only way I could get goggles to work for me. Goggles can be fun to use, very immersive, however they are a hassle from a logistics point of view, fairly big to carry around. They won't fit in with the drone in a backpack, so you really need other bag to carry them. So far I like my original Headplay goggles best, but I've had to hack them up inside and install the Carsen lens, as well as open it up more for glasses to fit comfortably.

DJI goggles are way overkill, and heavy IMO. Talk about complex optics, those things are really bizarre, the way they work, overlapping left and right. Weird IMO. I sold mine a couple weeks after I bought them, as they gave me a neck ache, just too heavy. They also didn't have a clear picture through the HDMI cable with my P4, however they did work fairly well with my Mavic, operating wireless through Ocu-Sync. Someday DJI will offer a lighter version that's compatible with a P5 using Ocu-Sync. That's when I might try DJI goggles again.

The new RE Goggles seem really nice, yes heavy, but not that bad.
Fatshark HD3 goggles, ready to use, battery, antennas, ECT, weigh over 800 grams.
DJI RE weighs 1000 grams, that is less than 200 grams more, about 6.5 oz I think, but still only 25% more.
However, the DJI goggles have much more to offer, not just big fov.

Have you tried the Epson Moverio BT-300, glasses weigh 70 grams

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really like the lightweight and ease of use, Epson are also coming out with new flight software, so we won't have to rely on DJI Go4

There is also a AR drone simulator

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan