Simple DIY Video Monitor mount to Phantom Radio

Reaction score
I thought I would share my DIY Monitor mount I made to attach my FPV Monitor to my Phantom Radio. Fortunately the hobby stores near me didn't have any mounting brackets in stock so I came up with this concept. I'm glad I did because it is totally configurable and requires not tools to change or adjust. First off, YOU NEED TO HAVE A MONITOR THAT HAS A TRIPOD THREAD ON THE BOTTOM. If you are like me, you have a GoPro and probably quite a few mounts. The 2 pieces you might not have are the GoPro tripod adapter and a 1/4-20 x 1/2" long set screw. Other then that, you need One Flat Adhesive mount, One Quick Release Buckle and a 3 Way Pivot Arm. You will need to cut off the end ear (the one with the nut) on the 3 way pivot arm portion that you choose to attach to the tripod adapter. I put some Loc-Tite on the 1/4-20 screw thread that goes into the tripod adapter.

Everything can be disassembled for easy transport and all you are left with on your radio is the Flat Adesive Mount.

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,036
  • IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,652
Continued.

Attachments

• IMG_2611.jpg
    IMG_2611.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,288
  • IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,260
Nice job!

That looks like a Boscam RC-LCD5802 monitor. I'm thinking about getting one. How do you like it? Any comments about it would be appreciated. What are the pros and cons?

Thanks..

So far I like the monitor. It's bright enough to see in the daylight. I can get around 2 hours on a full charge. And it's pretty lite.

joeflyer said:
A couple more questions if you don't mind. What antennas are you using? What range are you getting?

I have a Boscam TS832 Tx I'll be using.

I haven't done any distance flying yet. I have been dealing with getting my gain settings dialed in. The copter has been apart while i have been re mounting the iosd and installing new landing skids. It's also been raining. I did put on a set of Blue Beam Ultra Antennas for the FPV tx and rx and those worked better than the ones that came with my TS832 and Monitor

What a great idea I have the mount that is attached to the handle causing a problem when buying a case. You just solved that problem. Thanks for posting keep up the good work.

Looks great nice idea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.