Simple BC gui query

Reaction score
Hi all,
My goodluckbuy gimbal is acting wonky still. After I have turned it on it stabilises fairly well but makes small, slow drifting rolls. Not much, but shouldnt it be rock steady? Pitch seems to be ok though. I have installed the usb driver and the simpleBCGUI thingy. Anyhoo, i can use the gui to interface with the 98390 glb gimbal. It uses board version 1 and firmware 2.2. I have tried all sorts of PID values and it doesnt seem to have much effect. I have found some info through here with original PID values I can try but i would also like to calibrate the accelerometer and gyros. Do i click calibrate and leave it until it finishes itself, then click write? I found that if I just wait, the calibration just goes on and on without stopping. Instead, I have been calibrating for 2-5 seconds, using the pitch and roll things on the right, when the arrows are vertical and the values show the minimum value range, then clicking on write. Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated. I have been putting in a lot of hours on this and I feel like i am really close to solving this.

Kevin.

Me again.

Now I've gone and done it. I think I have killed my gimbal. I just cannot seem to be able to calibrate either the accelerometer or gyros and adjust the PIDs had little effect. As a result, I tried flashing the firmware and now it does zip. Just jiggers and doesn't react to movement at all. Is the other GUI (Arduino) any better for sorting this? I keep reading about hex files and null versions.

Do I need to get a new gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj