Simple Antenna Question

Reaction score
Regarding the video feed from my P3Pro to my tablet.... how does the tablet get the signal ?

Aircraft sends stream to RC using LightBridge communication technology on a dedicated antenna. Tablets runs DJI Go App which gets the stream from RC on USB port and processes it to display on it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: lil boss
Aircraft sends stream to RC using LightBridge communication technology on a dedicated antenna. Tablets runs DJI Go App which gets the stream from RC on USB port and processes it to display on it.

Excellent. Now the reason I am asking is this... I'm attempting to make the video signal coming from the drone stronger so I won't run out of video before we run out of control signal from the RC. Can we put some kind of antenna on the drone to make the video signal to DJI App and ultimately tablet stronger ??

It's easy to mount modified antenna on RC and point it to AC all the time to get improved signals. You will have to think deeply if you want to modify antenna on aircraft cause aircraft keeps changing its direction and pitch/ roll.

It's easy to mount modified antenna on RC and point it to AC all the time to get improved signals. You will have to think deeply if you want to modify antenna on aircraft cause aircraft keeps changing its direction and pitch/ roll.

That brings up 2 questions... I, in my newbie way, thought since the craft would be in all sorts of positions that the antenna mod would have to be an omni... I see wires running down all 4 of the landing gear legs. I'm thinking anything would be better if I can figure which antenna is the video feed. But, I'm guessing by your "tone" and also because I haven't heard anything in this forum about this "mod" that its not really a workable thing to do.

That brings up 2 questions... I, in my newbie way, thought since the craft would be in all sorts of positions that the antenna mod would have to be an omni... I see wires running down all 4 of the landing gear legs. I'm thinking anything would be better if I can figure which antenna is the video feed. But, I'm guessing by your "tone" and also because I haven't heard anything in this forum about this "mod" that its not really a workable thing to do.
It's been tried and rejected as not workable. Much better to work from the RC end, and/or get the original old motor W323 P3P with the strongest native video output signal from the aircraft. (.74 watts)

its not really a workable thing to do.

It is probably also serious overkill. With the simple 'windsurfers' one gets full RC and video signal as far as one can go and make it back on the battery..

It's been tried and rejected as not workable. Much better to work from the RC end, and/or get the original old motor W323 P3P with the strongest native video output signal from the aircraft. (.74 watts)
Are there markings on the craft that show what version it is ?

It is probably also serious overkill. With the simple 'windsurfers' one gets full RC and video signal as far as one can go and make it back on the battery..
I did the windsurfer thing and that helped... now I'm running the 7dBi ARGtek's. I'm not looking for 3 miles, looking to power my signal through all the crap that's in a typical heavily populated area. I'm going 7,300 ft with my 300C controller and that's good for me. Since I have read quite a few times about the video signal being the "first to go" I figured I needed to improve on that.

and, "serious overkill", LOL, that seems to be my middle name! Having said that, I will take very seriously any suggestions which come my way. Thank you.

Thank all of you for your replies... I see I have quite a bit of homework to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr