Silent rotors

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2 V+ a couple of months ago. I really enjoy using it, but I live in a neighborhood and I have gotten some strange looks by walkers passing by. This drone seems to be pretty loud. You can easily hear it from several hundred feet. Are there any rotors that more quiet vs the stock rotors?

Thanks
Richard

Yeah... They are quieter, but it is hardly stealth mode!! It is virtually silent at 200m, but underneath in particular will always be quite loud.

job2310 said:
Fplvert said:
;) the quietest so far.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301319021263
Elevation always helps! :lol:

I've read nasty things about the O-XOXO props on this forum. People saying they are basically junk. Do you agree?
:eek: What?
They are made in China, but they are awesome. I liked the 9443s but 9450 is far superior. Try them out and you'll know. I sent all my new stock props to a member on here absolutely free. I now have a nice collection of c/f 9443s up for grabs. The 3 bladed props I tested were only fit for the trash. Hey, it's a hobby within a hobby! :lol:

I guess someone could try making these stealth props...
18mp0xpzg529ojpg.jpg

EH101_Merlin_HC3-10353.jpg

My "rules" for flying in neighborhoods (esp. my own LOL):

1- At launch, straight up to 375' feet.
2- Keep flying, don't hover!
3- Avoid sport mode and rapid changes in speed and/or elevation as this makes the most noise.
4- Land from directly over my property -- straight down.

Doing these things will minimize the noise more than special props can -- but I am interested to hear how they perform (no pun intended!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers