Silent Props

Silent, No..... It's against the laws of physics.

Otherwise we would already have silent helicopters flying around ! :D

Quieter?... You can play around with less or more pitch on the prop BUT you cannot get something for nothing (back to the laws of physics again)

Also a steeper pitch will require more power from the motors which means less flight time/more current draw.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with the stock props - You will not really improve on them.

The Editor said:
No! It's against the laws of physics.

How do you know we don't? ;)
They only come out at night. :lol:

N017RW said:
How do you know we don't? ;)
They only come out at night. :lol:

They might be watching us - I can't say any more :shock:

The Editor said:
Silent, No..... It's against the laws of physics.

Quieter?... You can play around with less or more pitch on the prop BUT you cannot get something for nothing (back to the laws of physics again)

Also a steeper pitch will require more power from the motors which means less flight time/more current draw.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with the stock props - You will not really improve on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_helicopter

In 1989 or so I was driving down a street in Mesa Arizona, Motorola had plants there and it was early morning hours and I was the only car on the road. I was stopped at a light but I could hear a car engine running. Not very loud at all. I looked out my open window, probably like 86 degrees out and I looked up and I saw a helicopter flying slowing above me. The engine and props for which I had first hand experience in Vietnam had almost no sound or pressure to the air. This was a long time ago I would think the technology would be there.. oh wait I can hover and rth and fs...wow isn't life great. Then I just read about a waterproof quad, you would think a must have for those over the water shots. I would expect the noise factor to be addressed in say the next 2 years as more and more quads get shot down because the sound made those below aware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik