Signal lost issue Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hii guys, two days ago when my brother was flying my p3s and he said there was a signal issue. That time drone was about 3 Meters from the controller. He said there was an error message called "rc signal lost". After a few secs the air craft reconnected. At that time I ignore his Complain. Today when I was flying same thing happened. Same error message. Drone is not far away. Around 30 Meters. As my brother said, air craft connected back after just like 2 secs. I did not do any modification. Just update the app recently. Any idea? Thank you!!!

Try and do an imu calibration. And maybe a "reconnect" from rc to ac..restart everything. See what happens...

Reactions: sajindra
oh, p3s this is one big problem) 2.4 wifi and 5.8 remote is not good.
refresh p3s and rc firmware, check wifi antenna, reset RC to default and rebind.
but it is better to buy P3A/P, P4, Mavic etc

oh, p3s this is one big problem) 2.4 wifi and 5.8 remote is not good.
refresh p3s and rc firmware, check wifi antenna, reset RC to default and rebind.
but it is better to buy P3A/P, P4, Mavic etc
After spending almost 1000 dollars for the p3s and all the gear I have with it, I think I'll stay with it. I know a few peeps that have this same quad and they experience little if any probs. It's just a minor detail that can be fixed. Just trouble shoot it...youll figure it out. I fly a P3s..and NEVER had an issue that couldn't be fixed. Good luck

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The P3S has horrible range. If you want any kind of good range try a P3P or an Advanced. Huge difference right out of the box. You can get a P3P for around $600 now.

The P3S has horrible range. If you want any kind of good range try a P3P or an Advanced. Huge difference right out of the box. You can get a P3P for around $600 now.
The bottom line here is the gentleman asked for help with an issue. He didn't ask for opinions concerning the range of a p3s. If anyone follows rules..they state..(by the F.A.A.)...you must stay within line site. So enjoy your p3s my friend. I've never had an issue with range and i' d never swap my investment for anything else just cause it can go 100 feet further than mine.

Don't worry about the signal lost issue as I have a feeling it may be where you are flying. If its near an urban area then the WiFi from other houses will scramble the signal. I had this many times back in the day. I am sure if you went to an open field you will not have such an issue so give that a shot if you can. Also turn airplane mode on, this will be a massive help too believe it or not. Don't let this little blip get in your way mate. I have a P3A now but used to have the standard and its a great little piece of kit, but the urban area I am in (right next to the railway too) didn't help with the P3S. But out in the open field it was perfect. Its not your drone mate, just the area where your flying. No need to change drone if your happy with it. Just change flying to an open location away from houses

Reactions: sajindra and Kev74
Don't worry about the signal lost issue as I have a feeling it may be where you are flying. If its near an urban area then the WiFi from other houses will scramble the signal. I had this many times back in the day. I am sure if you went to an open field you will not have such an issue so give that a shot if you can. Also turn airplane mode on, this will be a massive help too believe it or not. Don't let this little blip get in your way mate. I have a P3A now but used to have the standard and its a great little piece of kit, but the urban area I am in (right next to the railway too) didn't help with the P3S. But out in the open field it was perfect. Its not your drone mate, just the area where your flying. No need to change drone if your happy with it. Just change flying to an open location away from houses
Well said...

The bottom line here is the gentleman asked for help with an issue. He didn't ask for opinions concerning the range of a p3s. If anyone follows rules..they state..(by the F.A.A.)...you must stay within line site. So enjoy your p3s my friend. I've never had an issue with range and i' d never swap my investment for anything else just cause it can go 100 feet further than mine.
True, but it's not 100 feet difference, it a couple miles difference.

The P3S is a great starter Quad. Practice with it for a few weeks or months, then get the Pro or a mavic.

True, but it's not 100 feet difference, it a couple miles difference.
Again...the law is " line of sight" And as far as your imu remark..i understand that..but it never hurts to recalibrate and start things over. The hobby involves "reading and studying too...not just flying. Just trying to help the guy out.

Yes I live in urban area. I reconnected the controller. Problem seems like ok now. There are plenty of WiFi z around. Any way this seems like normal now. Thank you very much

Reactions: Neon Euc
Try and do an imu calibration. And maybe a "reconnect" from rc to ac..restart everything. See what happens...

I reconnected the controller. Imu is ok. Calibrated the controller too. Thank you very much

The P3S is a great starter Quad. Practice with it for a few weeks or months, then get the Pro or a mavic.

True bro. But I always keep the drone where I can see. I do not fly p3s maximum range as well. In my country UAV rules are very high. Also there is a air force base located in my town and plenty of aircrafts move almost in every minute. So it's kinda dangerous.

Again...the law is " line of sight" And as far as your imu remark..i understand that..but it never hurts to recalibrate and start things over. The hobby involves "reading and studying too...not just flying. Just trying to help the guy out.
I understand that you are trying to help him out, but telling someone to calibrate the imu for signal issues is like checking the air pressure in your tires when your car won't start.
Also, there is no "law" in the US saying that you have to fly LOS. It's a safe flying suggestion.

I understand that you are trying to help him out, but telling someone to calibrate the imu for signal issues is like checking the air pressure in your tires when your car won't start.
Also, there is no "law" in the US saying that you have to fly LOS. It's a safe flying suggestion.
dd9db296f098625fee15541370a5f465.jpg

You see The word "mandates"?? That means you MUST. that's a law where I come from. And you don't check you tire pressure when your car don't start?? Come on..thats just common sense..baaahahahaha!!!! I'm done here...

You see The word "mandates"?? That means you MUST. that's a law where I come from. And you don't check you tire pressure when your car don't start?? Come on..thats just common sense..baaahahahaha!!!! I'm done here...
Do you see the word "rule"? That does mean law. There are no FAA police. No one is getting tickets or getting arrested for not flying VLOS. No one...

If it were a law, all these long distance flights on YouTube would be illegal and people would be telling on themselves and the FAA would be doing something about it. At the least YouTube would pull them for being illegal acts. But they aren't and they won't.
Good day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20