Signal loss

Reaction score
Hi all

Now Im getting used to my drone and want to try and push my skills and fly though a rock arch. I want to fly though the arch and get some height as I exit the arch. Ive seen many disaster videos where drones have crashed after losing signal. Would this be the case here ? Aiden

durdle_door.jpg

Because there's a chance you will loose GPS signal when under that arch. Your bird will switch to Atti mode. That means no horizontal fix. If you are not prepared for that and haven't practiced flying without GPS you will probably crash.
That arch is just too tempting not to fly trough:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool ok, ye im going there in a couple of weeks time for valentines day but im more interested in flying the drone lol.

So just to confirm if I start off in ATTI mode the drone definitely wont lose connection through it ?

If you launch at that spot you would lose signal if you go behind any rocks. Having said that the signal will bounce off the sea to a certain extent. As the other poster said if it is ALWAYS in your line of sight it will be fine.

Cool ok, ye im going there in a couple of weeks time for valentines day but im more interested in flying the drone lol.

So just to confirm if I start off in ATTI mode the drone definitely wont lose connection through it ?

Well you better fly something else through another hole if it's Valentine's Day first, then move to your drone. Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik