Signal loss at 105' ?

Reaction score
Im getting a signal loss warning at 100'. I shot a 4 minute video but got the signal right at the end? I know there's a lot of variables in why but was curious if it's normal. I have a cell tower about a half mile away and I'm using the Phantom 3 Standard with the latest upgrades. This is only my third flight and was getting the signal on my last flight in a different location.

Also, would a range extender solve that problem? If so, which one.

I like the video - I've done similar pano shots, and have had signal loss at moderate altitudes. I suspect that the problem is the RC antennae. If the craft is directly overhead, and you're holding the RC in the normal (level) position, the signal is focussed ahead, not up towards the craft. I've found that if I tilt the RC, the signal strength increases.

Worth a try?

I like the video - I've done similar pano shots, and have had signal loss at moderate altitudes. I suspect that the problem is the RC antennae. If the craft is directly overhead, and you're holding the RC in the normal (level) position, the signal is focussed ahead, not up towards the craft. I've found that if I tilt the RC, the signal strength increases.

Worth a try?
Now that you mention this, like an idiot, I forgot to even stand the antenna up. :( It's still laying sideways from taking out of the box. I was losing signal the last time with the AC out from me a good distance but may not have had the antenna pointed in a better direction. Beginners mistakes I guess. I was too excited to try it each time. I'll try to slow down some next time and set things up before flying.

Reactions: JohnRLancs

Worth a try?
That was actually 100 m instead of feet. I just sent it up again and got the same message at 120m. I did adjust the antennae this time and pointed it at the AC but got the same' warning signal loss message.' I was trying it in my yard with a lot of pine trees so I was only able to go starlight up and feel comfortable.

That was actually 100 m instead of feet. I just sent it up again and got the same message at 120m. I did adjust the antennae this time and pointed it at the AC but got the same' warning signal loss message.' I was trying it in my yard with a lot of pine trees so I was only able to go starlight up and feel comfortable.
If you're flying directly overhead, the antennae should be pointed straight out (ie, parallel to the ground). If you're flying out, the antennae should be pointed up (ie, perpendicular to the ground).

Reactions: NC Drone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj