Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently bought a phantom 3 standard off eBay (second hand), and have been flying it this week.
I have found that the signal is poor and will disconnect at an altitude of around 100m (sometimes less) and can go no further than 200m in length. The camera would start to lag before it cut out.
I also have a argtek which was previously attached.
I have been flying it in a big clearing in the woods and going high in my garden.
Any advice, thoughts or suggestions which may be causing this.
Thanks William

I have the same problem, connection with Iphone stops now and then, I still can use the rc though, signal comes and goes, it could be something with the latest firmware. (Read some things about that on the internet, but did not find any solution) so anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A lot of people have been having the same problem since the 3.0 app has come out. I have been trying to go back to 2.8 but no luck yet. Surely DJI will come up with a solution or someone on this board.

I haven't heard any positives to the app update so if you need/want to downgrade on iOS, this tutorial has worked for me and some others on here: How to downgrade to any DJI GO App version
What firmware do you have? ( go to general settings and the about tab)

I posted positively about using the Go 3.0/1.6.8 combination but I guess it got drowned out.
I assume the OP doesnt have range limits set in the app and no local wifi sources trying to hop onto his phone and that the antenna is pointing the right way etc.
There are so many variables but its always blamed on the software for some reason.

I wrote an email to Dji about his issue....they told me to send the phantom 3 standard, so that they could fix them. I told them that a lot of people have this problem.....still no newer firmware available unfortunately. Guess I have to get back to an older firmware

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

ab91a08eee1ab98dcf9035c03ee03131.jpg

I don't have the link as I'm on the phone but I did reinstall the previous version of the app and it worked better. It's worth doing that guys

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

In other forums they say, you have to downgrade your firmware, so i did. Got it back to the 1.5 firmware, which took me a while to install. So i tested it but unfortunately it had the same problems. Connection lost in a few seconds....So the question now is; is it the app? or is it something else. Im using a iPhone 7 plus.
One other thing: since the latest DJI go app (ios) when i lose connection, i got the message in my screen saying: connection lost, do you want it to return home? I pressed the option to return home but it did not get back!!!!!!, i had to manually fly it back until i had connection again, and then i was able to klick the return home option again, and then it worked, it flew back to me......
After this i updated back to 1.6 and still have those both issues......

Sorry for my bad english, im trying lol, im Dutch

Hello all,
I recently bought a phantom 3 standard off eBay (second hand), and have been flying it this week.
I have found that the signal is poor and will disconnect at an altitude of around 100m (sometimes less) and can go no further than 200m in length. The camera would start to lag before it cut out.
I also have a argtek which was previously attached.
I have been flying it in a big clearing in the woods and going high in my garden.
Any advice, thoughts or suggestions which may be causing this.
Thanks William

Did you solve this yet?

IMG_0561.JPG
Guys please help. Going on 6 months now and been flying happily all the way. Last weekend I flew on Saturday with no problems, over 1km out. On Sunday I lost signal at 50m out in the same location. I tried again yesterday and still only got 50m out. I updated the Go app and tried again, got a bit further out but it still kept going into RTH. I must add that I never lost video link at all. I then opened the RC to check wires. Does this look normal?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20