Signal issues!! Drone nearly in the bin

Reaction score
So about 3 weeks back my drone started having signal issues at about 100m distance and automatically RTH so guessed it was just issues with my back garden launching point (Never had issues here before) so I fell out with my drone and parked it in its bag for 3 weeks.
I took it out lastnight to do the new firmware upgrade, drone firmware no issues, rc firmware no issues and dji app upgrade no issues.
Thinking this would solve the signal problems I had 3 weeks prior I took it for a flight out my back garden again.
100m away I had signal loss again and RTH kicked in, I cancelled RTH and had signal loss again and RTH again.....even had signal loss during this RTH but it landed.
Thinking I must now have some sort of newly developed interference in the past 3 weeks in my garden I took my drone into the countryside, on top of a hill with noting in sight for miles around. Launched my drone and climbed 70m up and drifted 100m out......signal weak but no RTH this time. The screen on my device is freezing constantly and even blacks out completely for 30-45secs.
This is an absolute nightmare. I don't know what to do. I'm sitting here with a drone that's not functioning properly and im now scared to fly.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the dji app and the thing only has 2hrs 30mins flight time.
Any help appreciated.

First question. What are you flying? Second, what device? Third, What firmware version AC and RC? Fourth, What app and version? These are important things to mention when having issues...

First question. What are you flying? Second, what device? Third, What firmware version AC and RC? Fourth, What app and version? These are important things to mention when having issues...

P3P with Samsung galaxy s7
AC v1.11.20
RC v1.9.2
App v3.1.8

First, as far as the screen freezing goes, do you have "developer options" enabled on your S7?...Also, if your S7 has updated to Android 7 Nougat recently, that could be part of the issue as well. Not really certain about the signal issues. Is this a sudden loss of signal, or do you notice that the signal level gradually decreases?

Have you tried re-calibrating everything?
No.
First, as far as the screen freezing goes, do you have "developer options" enabled on your S7?...Also, if your S7 has updated to Android 7 Nougat recently, that could be part of the issue as well. Not really certain about the signal issues. Is this a sudden loss of signal, or do you notice that the signal level gradually decreases?
It updated to Nougat before I bought the drone and flew very very well with no issues regarding signal or distance. It's done it once with an automatic RTH before the firmware update. After the recent update it's really nasty. Poor signal prompt then the screen on my device freezes and cuts out.
Seems to take off fine, gain altitude and all the messing about id do to accustomise to the controls and clear off into the distance ok. But gets to intermittent points in the distance (close distance) where it gives warnings about signal and wants to RTH or gives warnings about signal then freezes and blacks out.

Before I switched over to Apple for my drone, I had a samsung. 1st off, they work better with Apple, period. (and I absolutely detest Apple products). Secondly, try using a different cord. My cord was messed up and caused all sorts of issues. something simple to try. What have you got to lose?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj