Signal issue, any idea?

Reaction score
Hello,

I m here today to ask for some advices about loss of signal. First of all I'm going to explain a bit more of my situation: I got my P3s about 3 months ago and everything was fine except the range of my signal. I decided then to add some new antennas to the remote in order to improve the range of the signal and that was a success. I have to precise that my location is in Europe and I'm in a CE configuration for remote control.

Suddenly, a few weeks ago, my P3s was unable to go further than 20 meters before losing signal. Sometimes even less than that. After autolanding, the drone was unable to takeoff again.

So far, I tried many things including :

- a replacement of all antennas in both drone and remote
- a check for damages in the receivers chips
- a downgrade and reupgrade of the firmware (this fixed the problem of impossible takeoff after autolanding)
- a complete disassembly of both remote and drone

The problem still persists and none of my fly logs (healthy drones) seem to show signal loss or failures. If I let the P3s fly in "way point" mode, I quickly lose the signal but the remote light stay green and never turns to red... Also, my video signal is excellent even at distances like 1000 - 1200 m.

So, here I am and some thoughts about this problem would be very appreciated.

Can you narrow this signal loss to any firmware updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik