Sick of the drone delivery hype BS

Reaction score
I just watched an advertisement for my local news titled RISE OF THE DRONES the rules and regs for this new technology! Everybody that belongs to this site understands that you will never have your package delivered to your doorstep buy a freaking Drone,period! Its simply a publicity stunt to attract attention of the company stating they will use the technology to deliver packages. I live in Houston Texas, and have now seen a half a dozen news articles talking about it. How about your region?

I am sure drones in the future will be doing all kind of stuff, like delivering packages, moving people, fighting wars and spy.

It's just a matter of time and some of it is in daily use already.

Google and others have a self driving car in development, it's a drone without propellors.

As soon as we have flying cars, do you think you will drive them yourself?

Moose said:
I just watched an advertisement for my local news titled RISE OF THE DRONES the rules and regs for this new technology! Everybody that belongs to this site understands that you will never have your package delivered to your doorstep buy a freaking Drone,period! Its simply a publicity stunt to attract attention of the company stating they will use the technology to deliver packages. I live in Houston Texas, and have now seen a half a dozen news articles talking about it. How about your region?

Well yeah... I mean that is just rediculous. Almost as rediculous as say, having medicines delivered to hospitals in third world locations or having a network of drones that can autonomously can deliver a package and stop at groundstations along the route to swap out batteries and then continue their mission.

Suggest you watch this presentation - trails already underway in 2012and real world usage in Haiti http://www.ted.com/talks/andreas_raptopoulos_no_roads_there_s_a_drone_for_that.html

Arthur C Clarke always said - "Science fact is always far stranger than science fiction"

I want to move to Colorado and start a pot store and deliver buds via drone. "We fly by to get you High" Will be my store Moto :lol:

Be sure to remove the leds for nightflying then. And don't put your number on the drone.

Someone should just take advantage of the media and get one of these reporters to write about Phantom Flyaways.

I bet they'll love to publish it.

I bet that'll get DJI's attention.

LeoS said:
Someone should just take advantage of the media and get one of these reporters to write about Phantom Flyaways.

yeah! and also further reduce the resale market value of the units we own. Bad press hurts everyone.

rmklaw said:
LeoS said:

yeah! and also further reduce the resale market value of the units we own. Bad press hurts everyone.

Meh, they're still selling these at MSRP.. and you don't see that many secondhand Phantoms for sale in the classifieds (yet).

(they've all probably crashed :mrgreen: )

gbshovel said:
I want to move to Colorado and start a pot store and deliver buds via drone. "We fly by to get you High" Will be my store Moto :lol:

Great idea. I live in CO and now see a biz plan forming in the smoke w my P2. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksc said:
Phantasmic said:
Why does that upset you?

The only post that makes sense in this thread.
without trying to sound passive aggressive:
Do You want inside my head, do you really want to know why? Or is this an attempt to engage in some type of banter to mess with me? I say this based on some of the diatribe posted by Phantasmic? My original post qualified the answer to your question I believe..

Moose

I believe he is asking why a company's publicity stunt makes you sick? U'nless you have a competing business in which you are now losing profits (highly unlikely), this publicity stunt is irrelevant to "drone" flyers. If anything, it gets people interested which in turn means they may purchase a phantom or similar item. When sales increase, a company grows. As a company grows, new products come out. This "publicity stunt" is good for everyone. The more people that purchase phantoms, the more DJI will make and the sooner new products will come out. If no one bought the first iPhone, would Apple have bothered making the 5 or 6 other versions?

I hate to tell you this, but the big push on FAA regulating drones is not just for Amazon to be able to deliver their widgets.

It's to regulate us hobbyists out of existence so that we don't interfere with these big business interests. You think Amazon wants the risk of us crashing into their automated drones?

Don't be fooled by the false flags of privacy issues or public safety - it's neither. It's commerce pure and simple.

gbshovel said:

Higher Than A Kite Drone Services

LeoS said:
rmklaw said:
LeoS said:

Meh, they're still selling these at MSRP.. and you don't see that many secondhand Phantoms for sale in the classifieds (yet).

(they've all probably crashed :mrgreen: )

Funny you mention that, I am friends with a major news station that ran the story here in Houston Tx.
"Akins Army"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj