Sick of firmware stuff...

Reaction score
so I am one of the ones who hasn't update the new firmware yet. Primarily because it never seen threads regarding problems in the amount of volume as the past week.

Normally I update straight away and all is ok. This time I'm really not sure what to do???

But I will say some things I really don't understand. And this is from experience.

After updating you should NOT have to recalibrate anything or re link controller. There is no logical reason for this. And it's never been required before.

People updating via assistant on pc or Mac etc why? Just do it from the app. It's designed to do everything for you. It will choose the correct order etc etc. I think reading all these threads also most people without any issues did update via the app.

Is there really a problem with it and is there really a fix coming out?mormis it forum rumours. .?

And lastly if there really was a problem with it wouldn't Djibouti acknowledge it and fix it ASAP. I know personally how bad customer support it but surely there not gonna let everyone's drones crash through bad firmware. And also is everyone is running the same firmware how can one drone be good and one drone be bad? It's the same hardware and firmware etc.

Could it really be operator error when updating. Or maybe the assistant is the problem. ...

Reactions: DazzauksDad
NO, I think DJI is its own problem!!! Like you said, apparently you have had to deal with them and know first hand that their customer service stinks! It is beyond a doubt worse than any company I have ever dealt with. That being said, one would think that with that history of service they would eventually stop being lucky with their firmware updates or software fixes. This may be what has happened this update. I fly Litchi and stay away from DJI GO af far as I can and so far, Litchi has not been bothered so I can't comment on the firmware updates, just that I suspect that DJI may have ran out of luck on their firmware. If it is really as bad as the comments leave us to believe, they could be in serious trouble.
Let's hope now.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: DazzauksDad
I haven't updated yet just because of what the new firmware bring to the table. NFZ's and the inability to disable geofencing. these features have given DJI the ability to ground drones when they please. So it is not a fear of the update not working or loading properly just the fear it all goes well and I'll be grounded because of inaccurate NFZ data. And people laughed at the thought of China controlling American airspace. Sure glad they don't make parts for our airliners.....

It's a crap shoot. Some people have no problems, but there is a significant number of people reporting very similar problems (I am one of them).

Given that everyone is using the same software, I'm starting to wonder if there are varying revisions of hardware components that don't play nice without code tweaks. I don't personally understand how else this type of thing could show up for some people, but not others.

In addition to the common issues being reported, my gimbal gets stuck off-level (previously it would go off-level but eventually return) and my RC no longer charges past 3 lights.

It's a crap shoot. Some people have no problems, but there is a significant number of people reporting very similar problems (I am one of them).

Given that everyone is using the same software, I'm starting to wonder if there are varying revisions of hardware components that don't play nice without code tweaks. I don't personally understand how else this type of thing could show up for some people, but not others.
It's almost like pc. vs. mac. Macs pretty much run exactly the same, where pc's are all custom. Different hardware configurations is like the pc situation. You try to run a single "driver" update and some pc's work and others have to have a "tweaked driver". If that makes sense.

It's almost like pc. vs. mac. Macs pretty much run exactly the same, where pc's are all custom. Different hardware configurations is like the pc situation. You try to run a single "driver" update and some pc's work and others have to have a "tweaked driver". If that makes sense.

In a sense, but in this case I would expect the P4 to be a "Mac"!

Reactions: stones
I'm having issues as well. After 3 different tech guys trying to tell me that I did things wrong & it's not the firmware. The last guy said it has to be my quad & I need to send it back. One guy would get tired of me telling him it's the firmware & hang up on me & I would have to start all over. After I told the last guy that I screen shot the entire conversation & was going to post it here did he say to send it back. It's less than 2 months old....& used to fly perfect

Yeah, all that is scary. I still fly Litchi because of DJI GO problems back in November. So far I have had no problems but I am closely watching in case it jumps over to Litchi.
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20