Shutter Release Not Working on Remote

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Advance the remote. I have taken it out and discovered the shutter release button on the remote does not trigger the shutter. The on screen one works fine. I have calibrated and linked the remote to the drone and it has the latest firmware installed.

Any suggestions?

Is it new? If so, you might send it in for warranty repair. If not... it sounds like you might have a ribbon cable dislodged. I don't recall if it's ribbon #2 or #4, but they both connect in the same location area so easy enough to check them both.

Open your controller, disconnecting the USB module ribbon, then diconnect the battery from the main board. With the top portion of your controller upside down with the antenna's pointing away from you, you will be looking for the two very thin black ribbon cables located on the very far right of the control board. One labeled "2" and the other "4". You want to ensure they are both seated properly in their connector and locked down.

If you search for any DBS installation video on youtube there are some good videos that will walk you through opening your controller.

If both ribbons are seated properly, and your shutter button is still not working, come back and check in again. There is an additional point to inspect and repair, but it is quite a bit more complicated and requires soldering skills.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic