shut down

Reaction score
Had a brain laps today and shut off transmitter before I unpluged battery.Anything I should be aware of on my next flight?

rogerdel said:
Had a brain laps today and shut off transmitter before I unpluged battery.Anything I should be aware of on my next flight?
I don't think so.
But I've been reading (not sure if it was in the manual) that the phantom is supposed to take this for a failsafe. So if you wait too long to shut down your phantom, it will take off on its own, go up to 20 m and land again. (now and don't think that it would restart by itself if the engines are off but the battery still on.)

It shouldn't go into RTH with the props not running. The only real issue would be if some random signal happened to tell it to start, the controller would not be on to block it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No! You have nothing to worry about.
What you did is a common mistake with newbies!

The next time you start your Phantom up, be sure to turn on your transmitter FIRST!

THEN plug in your battery. All systems will start up as normal.

Just like with a computer, let it sit for a few seconds with power off, then restart it. All systems are reset to zero.
Lonewolf

Jermz said:
It shouldn't go into RTH with the props not running. The only real issue would be if some random signal happened to tell it to start, the controller would not be on to block it.

I remember seeing a youtube video some time ago where a guy was working on his in his kitchen. From what I recall of the video, the guy stated that one of the AA batteries fell out of the transmitter. His Phantom started up and destroyed his kitchen and his fingers trying to catch the mad beast. It was trying to RTH outside at his last recorded home point. I thought it odd too that it would start up like that. Best to remove the props if you're ever working with it in the house. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.