Shoulda, woulda, coulda .. PHANTOM CASE!

Reaction score
Looks good and they are still for sale. Would be good when traveling by plain, train, etc. I am looking for a good backpack as I travel on foot and don't want a case hanging below my arm. The rest of the time the Phantom sits secure in my van or home.

At that price, couldn't pass it up.
Did you pull the trigger? Like to here what you think of it when its in your hands ... thanks .

Was delivered yesterday, but I'm out of the country until Monday. Will post pics and impressions when I open it up.

Has anybody tried it with the props still On? That's a great price, if it will support the props on without too much pressure in getting 1 for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Has anybody tried it with the props still On? That's a great price, if it will support the props on without too much pressure in getting 1 for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
I have with mine! I leave the props on and it fits just fine! Doesn't seem like to much pressure on the props/motors. I've been meaning to post a picture

Opened mine today, and my phantom 2 fits great. Here are some observations:

The item that sticks up the most is the controller, but it does not hit the lid of the case when closing.

Storing with blades on seems safe. They do not hit anything, and don't stick up as high as the controller, so no stress on the motors.

There are eight small openings that I thought might be for spare props, but the holes are too small. There is a large slot on the left side that I was going to use for the fpv display, but this might be where the designer intended for blades to be stored. Seems to be for a P4 from the label, so maybe something P4 specific?

Body feels like plastic, but edging is aluminum. Overall construction is very good for the price, and I would feel confident traveling with this case locally, but would not check this as luggage. No wheels either, so not really travel luggage. I'm used to pelican cases for packing instruments for work, and have seen what abuse those take. Anything less is a risk in the hands of TSA, in my opinion.

Some pics:

Empty case:
1b492060f7bc9f162729e734660dde93.jpg

Loaded with P2, controller, charger:
e53f04f4d99232731816bd841d6d7105.jpg

Showing height of controller antenna compared to blades:
754882f97e30e2fdff8163deda3c7a8c.jpg

I'm happy with it, and am considering getting another for my P2V.

Hope this helps.

I had one of these for my P3... It's actually a really nice case. The locks sucks...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic