Should I worry?

Reaction score
Ok, I'm about to receive a P3P and I was wondering whether I should be concerned about this new 1.6 update. Should I just leave the FW at 1.5 if its already at that?

Ok, I'm about to receive a P3P and I was wondering whether I should be concerned about this new 1.6 update. Should I just leave the FW at 1.5 if its already at that?
What concerns do you have? The 1.6.4 FW fixes a known battery issue. You should have more concerns by not updating.

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
Dr0ne, welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

It would be a good idea to install 1.6 since DJI has made some changes to help prevent the Phantom from getting into a situation where the battery can shut off mid-flight. If you're not sure how to install the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Dr0ne, welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

It would be a good idea to install 1.6 since DJI has made some changes to help prevent the Phantom from getting into a situation where the battery can shut off mid-flight. If you're not sure how to install the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.
Thank you :)

warsi.jpg

Dr0ne, just ignore the trolls. Some of them (like that guy) just like to pick on everyone.

...no reason to be sorry.
Some guys think its a race to be the 1st to udate , only to find issues. There are 3 to 4 threads on the changes in the latest fw.
DJI makes a good product (sometimes not best choices for customers) but it is a company.
Spend more time on getting to know the quad . I dont recommend jumping in as far as the fw updates. A few have fixed 1 issue and created other issues.
Dont get me wrong Im not saying not to update, Im saying research the changes, and realize sometimes these updates are pushed out prematurely.
1.5 is stable. I have yet to read that DJI says its ok to fly less than 100% battery on 1.6 either.
Dont spend your time worrying about 1.4, 1.5 1.6 as much as getting to know the quad itself.

Dr0ne, just ignore the trolls. Some of them (like that guy) just like to pick on everyone.
...as you can see, there are a few sarcastic guys who get their feelings hurt over the slightest things.

Nobody is picking, I just like for everyone (especially NEW guys) to know BOTH sides and make YOUR own decision. SOme guys here would rather hide things from those new.
(as the pic showed, got to love guinea pigs)

.if I could only give you 1 piece of advice, just remember, no matter how near, or close, if your controlling the quad, YOUR RESPONSIBLE for what it does. Think of it as an extension of you or your hand.

This is a very important firmware update, so I would recommend you update.

It's a iffy situation with firmware updates. You will see people posting about it here within minutes of release. Within a few hours you will probably see people commenting about it after installing. It's always better to wait a short while to see what people say. You then want to read the release notes to see what changes were made. if it's something very minor, you may want to wait a little longer. In this case we know that the new firmware updates an issue with the batteries. Further reading will show that this is a known issue that can cause the P3 to shut off in flight. The results are not pleasant. So in this case I would highly recommend updating right away. You need to load the bin file on the SD card, just turn the P3 on and let it up date. Do this again with each battery inserted in the P3 (it's a battery firmware update so each battery needs to be updated).

If you are not sure if you should update, please feel free to ask this question. It's why this forum exists.

It's unlikely a new Phantom 3 will be at 1.5 or 1.6 fresh out of the box at this point in time. If your temperatures are above 50f when flying, you can fly your Phantom without worry if you always start flights at 100% charge.

The people that know more about the P3P than anyone on the forum is DJI. They wouldn't go to trouble to write and post new software if it didn't make there product better. I have one of the early P3P's and have updated as soon as any update comes out. If you follow there instructions you won't have a problem.

The people that know more about the P3P than anyone on the forum is DJI.
DJI always has the best intentions. As the software world works though, it's impossible to always catch all of the bugs prior to a new software release. Some major bugs have made their way into firmware releases, so it really does make sense to wait and see how the early adopters make out when new firmware is released. For the most part though, the firmware releases are pretty solid.

...as you can see, there are a few sarcastic guys who get their feelings hurt over the slightest things.
And a very small number that cause new people to worry unnecessarily about things that are no worry at all because of their constant carping about their ridiculous conspiracy theories

Reactions: msinger
And a very small number that cause new people to worry unnecessarily about things that are no worry at all because of their constant carping about their ridiculous conspiracy theories
Please tell me where I could cause worry????
No its an opportunity to start an issue or arguement. If I didnt know any better, Id think you were nothing more than a "TROLL" Meta
...no reason to be sorry.
Some guys think its a race to be the 1st to udate , only to find issues. There are 3 to 4 threads on the changes in the latest fw.
DJI makes a good product (sometimes not best choices for customers) but it is a company.
Spend more time on getting to know the quad . I dont recommend jumping in as far as the fw updates. A few have fixed 1 issue and created other issues.
Dont get me wrong Im not saying not to update, Im saying research the changes, and realize sometimes these updates are pushed out prematurely.
1.5 is stable. I have yet to read that DJI says its ok to fly less than 100% battery on 1.6 either.
Dont spend your time worrying about 1.4, 1.5 1.6 as much as getting to know the quad itself.
Actually quite the contrary.
Does looking at the other side of the coin mean to worry??? No. You just look for an opportunity to point out anyone who may not agree with ""you and "your thought" process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31