Should i wait for the next inspire platform

Reaction score
When will the next inspire platform be released. I was planning on buying an inspire 1 pro but now i am thinking of waiting if one will come out soon.

When will the next inspire platform be released. I was planning on buying an inspire 1 pro but now i am thinking of waiting if one will come out soon.
Depends if you want to fly now or wait.... you can be almost certain any new model will be more expensive than the current offering which is significantly discounted at present.

Depends if you want to fly now or wait.... you can be almost certain any new model will be more expensive than the current offering which is significantly discounted at present.
Its more about the timing money isnt an issue. I am just trying to get a sense of when the inspire 2 platform will be coming out. If its within the next couple of months i may wait. But if its half a year to a year from now i dont see a point waiting

If money isnt an issue buy now and enjoy- trade up if a new one comes out with features that appeal to you.

Head over to the inspire forum and see if you can get a feel for release timing. DjI seem to be cagey on dates though.

If money isnt an issue buy now and enjoy- trade up if a new one comes out with features that appeal to you.

Head over to the inspire forum and see if you can get a feel for release timing. DjI seem to be cagey on dates though.
I think I may do that. Then just sell the 1 pro ,after the 2nd has been out for a month or two. When all the bugs are worked out

I think I may do that. Then just sell the 1 pro ,after the 2nd has been out for a month or two. When all the bugs are worked out
Make sure you go for the X5 (you are talking about the pro so I suspect you are). You won't see a significant improvement in video unless shooting in low light, the encoding bitrate is still low. Stills are a lot nicer. Your trade offs are reduced flight time, less portability, and in many cases- drawing significantly more attention to yourself than you will want flying in certain locations.

Make sure you go for the X5 (you are talking about the pro so I suspect you are). You won't see a significant improvement in video unless shooting in low light, the encoding bitrate is still low. Stills are a lot nicer. Your trade offs are reduced flight time, less portability, and in many cases- drawing significantly more attention to yourself than you will want flying in certain locations.
Yep I plan on going with the X5. Thanks for the heads up I'll buy a couple of an extra batteries. Also I have a phantom 3 for when I want to draw less attention to myself and flying more for fun, rather than for the purpose of photography and videography.

X5 or Z3?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes. A new consideration with the Z3 being an option. It is still only a 1/2.3" sensor with a fixed aperture and non interchangeable lens. The OP seems to be in the pursuit of higher image quality, probably not into power line inspection. You can get zoom on the x5 with a pancake m43 zoom lens if needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1