Should I Upgrade P4 Firmware?

Reaction score
I'm receiving a p4 in the upcoming days and coming from a p3s, Ive learned not to upgrade unless there's a reason too. Does the same go with the P4? Should I upgrade it out of the box or leave it as is? Thanks.

It's really up to you. Unlike the P3 models, you can downgrade the P4 firmware or completely roll it back. That said, there really is no need to fear updates.

Reactions: Cadbob
You can NOW, combination of Craft, RC and Battery firmwares plus GO 4 are doing well currently.

P4 coming i.e from oversee shipping?: calibrate!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: chazzm and hotashes
Yes. No major bugs have been uncovered.

Reactions: chazzm and azgeek
The current P4 firmware is 1.2.602. You can always find the current firmware version in the release notes on the P4 downloads page.

You can find the firmware version installed on your Phantom in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. Make sure your Phantom is connected to DJI GO before checking.

It's really up to you. Unlike the P3 models, you can downgrade the P4 firmware or completely roll it back. That said, there really is no need to fear updates.
There are no links for firmware on the page for which you posted the link, which is the correct page. I looked for updates Friday and couldn't find them. I wonder where they put them.

There are no links for firmware on the page for which you posted the link, which is the correct page. I looked for updates Friday and couldn't find them. I wonder where they put them.
The firmware is updated using DJI GO or the DJI Assistant 2 app. You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Also, I tried to fly my P4 with the DJI Go app and got a message that they are not going to support the Go app for the P4. So I guess I need to use the Go 4 app for my P4. Is that correct? I thought I had read that the Go 4 app was for the P4P.

The DJI GO 4 app is also compatible with the P4.

Why would you install the latest firmware if everything is working fine? I am running 2.92 and love that I can keep my Google maps.
I just flew my p4 over 3 miles over a mixture of Forrest and farmland the other day with the standard controller and windsurfers. Its great!
The only problem I see is I occassionally have to reset my controller hot buttons.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20