Should I upgrade H3-2D IMU?

krb

Reaction score
New Phantom 2 with a few test flights, just installed H3-2D and did a couple of test flights. It all seems to work.

I just connected the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant because I wanted to see about turning down the sensitivity on the channel that controls the camera pitch. the P2 Assistant recognizes my aircraft as "Phantom 2". The Upgrade tabs shows everything up-to-date, except for "Gimbal IMU", which has Loader v0.8 and Firmware v1.6 but the last column says: "New version available v1.6". I've attached a screen shot.

Given all the trouble everyone has had, I'm nervous about upgrading. What's the current advice on upgrading for a Phantom 2?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.38.54 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.38.54 PM.PNG
    132.7 KB · Views: 644
krb said:
Reading http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5116 I think I'll just leave it alone for now. The one thing I notice is that the rate adjustment in Phantom Assistant doesn't seem to work. I defaults to 10, but even if I set it to "3" the pitch still goes too quickly to be smooth.
I have the same problem on my Phantom 1. Upgraded to 1.60. I use a Futaba T8J remote, and the VR knob for tilting the Gimbal. Before, I could tilt the camera smoothly from about 30 degree's nose up from level(great to protect the lens when landing), to 150? degree's nose down.
Now, turning the knob full left, brings the camera level with the aircraft, and turning the knob, even very slowly to the right, turns the camera nose down-quickly and abruptly.
I've calibrated my X1(VR knob) several times, then adjusted the manual sensitivity of X1, from 100, down to 20...made no difference.
Their "goal" with this firmware was two-fold; one problem was, the gimbal would enter Hibernation mode during normal flight maneuvers, then recover itself. I had that happen on four separate flights. This firmware fixed that problem.

Also, they wanted the gimbal tilt to be more "real-time". Well, the got that-but it's utterly useless to tilt the camera, while filming-because it's still way too fast, and starts and stops too quickly. there is no fix for it currently.

I have no idea how this translates to the "tilt lever" on the back of the stock Phantom remotes......but it's screwed me for being able to tilt while filming.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1