Should I upgrade from 1.3.20?

Reaction score
I'm flying a phantom 3 advanced with version 1.3.20 and haven't upgraded to 1.4.0010 yet mainly because I'm so happy to finally have stable and reliable firmware. I know 1.4.0010 has the Intelligent flight modes, but their implementation appears to fall short. Is the newest firmware 1.4.0010 as reliable as 1.3.20 and how does it effect range?

Im sure this has been addressed in the forum already, but I couldn't find it this morning. Thanks for the help.

I'm flying a phantom 3 advanced with version 1.3.20 and haven't upgraded to 1.4.0010 yet mainly because I'm so happy to finally have stable and reliable firmware. I know 1.4.0010 has the Intelligent flight modes, but their implementation appears to fall short. Is the newest firmware 1.4.0010 as reliable as 1.3.20 and how does it effect range?

Im sure this has been addressed in the forum already, but I couldn't find it this morning. Thanks for the help.

No not unless you want additional no fly zones restrictions among other things. Stay where you are unless you really want the follow me and orbit features.

Thanks guys for the responses. Based on the mixed advice I'm going to hold off for now. Hopefully a few others will chime in. I'd like to try the intelligent flight modes, but not at the risk of drifting and additional restrictions.

Is range affected and video quality? I haven't had to do the channel hack and don't want to.

Thanks guys for the responses. Based on the mixed advice I'm going to hold off for now. Hopefully a few others will chime in. I'd like to try the intelligent flight modes, but not at the risk of drifting and additional restrictions.

Is range affected and video quality? I haven't had to do the channel hack and don't want to.
no range is not affected nor is video quality-- The bad reports will always outnumber the good reports on a forum, because people are coming here to resolve issues and that is where you find the issues. Out of 750,000 Phantom 3's-- DJI would be broke it everyone had these issues. Some of the reports are also inexperienced flyers, performing upgrades improperly. Yes there are those that have true FW related issues, but not all of them.

All the cool kids are doing it..

FWIW on my 3rd flight on the 1.4.001 firmware my bird fell from the sky unexpectedly. Still waiting for analysis from DJI, which should be arriving tomorrow. I suspect that one of the motors stopped working mid flight. Not saying it was firmware related. I had so much fun on the 1.3.20 firmware. So if I were you I wouldn't upgrade.

FWIW on my 3rd flight on the 1.4.001 firmware my bird fell from the sky unexpectedly. Still waiting for analysis from DJI, which should be arriving tomorrow. I suspect that one of the motors stopped working mid flight. Not saying it was firmware related. I had so much fun on the 1.3.20 firmware. So if I were you I wouldn't upgrade.
Over 30 flights on 1.4.1 with no issues-- so in my opinion-- go ahead-- It is all a matter of each one's opinion-- Doesn't help with the decisions. :D:D:D:D The only thing certain is-- that if you fly long enough, you will crash, it is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.:confused:

Age is just a number...43 here lol...listen, you do what you want l, like Bob said everyone is different...I can tell you that I upgraded to 1.4.1 had the problems with drifting...downgraded to 1.3.2 flew perfectly...tried upgrading again, still drifting and unstable, went back to 1.3.2...I tried the POI once in 1.4.1 and loved it, just not worth the drifting problems...I will wait for a fix or 1.5 to come out to see if that works...try it for yourself, just stay low at first and get a feel for it...wouldn't go in a straight line or hold a position in a hover for me...you can always go back to 1.3.2 if you don't like it

If I decide to try 1.4.001 and want to downgrade to 1.3.2 does it work with the same iOS app version? I don't think I've update the app to the version required to fly 1.4.001. I don't have my iPad with me or is check.

Make the move to 01.04.0005 once you go to anything higher you CAN NOT go Back, due to way the firmware is configured......I have finally made the move to 01.05.0011 SDK Firmware beta version.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj