Should I update?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last flew the p4p+ a couple weeks ago and it was flying superb. I’m going away for a week in 2 days time - have just powered up my controller and what do you know “new version detected”.

The new version is V01.02.02.00

Has anyone had issues with this or should I go ahead and do it??

Like I said, I’m away for a week on a shoot and I really don’t need any dramas.

Thanks.

Reactions: Micky
Further to this - I just plugged my drone into my Mac - dji assistant first says “no fly zone update required” so I clicked to update but it failed due to not having at least 50% battery.

So I just charged my battery up a bit and turned it on again - dji assistant now doesn’t say anything but gives me the option to “update” despite the current firmware matching the latest firmware out. So I click reload and the update button disappears but now comes up with a “refresh button”. See picture attached.

For the sake of my sanity - could anyone confirm it appears I am running latest firmware??

80adc24d29420ef97c6f97f274187f16.jpg

Further to this - I just plugged my drone into my Mac - dji assistant first says “no fly zone update required” so I clicked to update but it failed due to not having at least 50% battery.
So I just charged my battery up a bit and turned it on again - dji assistant now doesn’t say anything but gives me the option to “update” despite the current firmware matching the latest firmware out. So I click reload and the update button disappears but now comes up with a “refresh button”. See picture attached.

For the sake of my sanity - could anyone confirm it appears I am running latest firmware??

80adc24d29420ef97c6f97f274187f16.jpg
Yes V.1.04.0602 is current the same version I am using and have had no "Update" prompts.

Reactions: Ben01
Hutch is correct. You would be a FOOOOOL to update! Not only do you have a HIGH RISK of something going wrong or getting a worse version but you ALSO lose more and more control of your drone and willingly give it to DJI. The ever expanding NFZ will eventually block you out of flying in more and more places.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic