Should I Update the firmware?

Reaction score
I should receive my new Phantom vision 2+ tomorrow :D :D , with all this fly aways problems should I update the firmware on my new bird? also, should I switch to NAZA M mode? please help. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you

Do you have information that indicates the new shipments will not be current on firmware?

Captfavio said:
I should receive my new Phantom vision 2+ tomorrow :D :D , with all this fly aways problems should I update the firmware on my new bird? also, should I switch to NAZA M mode? please help. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you

Regarding the switch to NAZA-M, YES, make the switch immediately upon receiving your Phantom. Do it before you fly it for the the first time. I do not understand why this is not the default setting for the Phantom's. Please understand that I am relatively new to flying in general and the Phantom's in particular. But, after first purchasing a Phantom 2 Vision, followed by a tricked out Phantom 2, and then, finally, a Phantom 2 Vision+, the NAZA-M setting makes the most sense to me and I have all of my Phantom's set to this. All you are doing is fully enabling the S1 and S2 switches.

I think the Home Lock function is one of the best features of the NAZA-M setting. It is very easy to lose sight of your Phantom when flying. It just blends in too well with too many "sky" conditions. If I lose sight of my Phantom, and I'm not sure of the orientation of the Phantom, I just switch to Home Lock to fly my Phantom back to me, at which point I shut IOC off and resume flying. The NAZA-M setting is a great feature of the Phantom and it will help you fly your machine minimizing the chance of something bad happening, which we read about too often on this forum. NAZA-M is your friend, not something to be feared!!

I offer just one, somewhat inexperienced, opinion on a wonderful forum that is filled with great advice from very experienced pilots. So be sure to investigate further, evaluating other comments, before making a decision. I hope this helps!

Yes. Update all of the firmware.

As far as switching to Naza mode, It depends on your level of experience. These things are complicated and can be overwhelming to beginners. I suggest that you fly in Phantom mode for a couple of days, then decide. I switched after I became more comfortable and I'm glad I did. This thread explains why:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15228

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic