Should I update the firmware or NOT?

Reaction score
There are hundreds of discussions on here about the new firmware but no one says whether it's better than the update last month.
SHOULD we update, or is it peppered with problems like the last one where everyone was screaming for a rollback to 1.1.9?
I got my P3A the same day the update came out, did the update and all went well. But when I discovered this board the next day and saw all the problems everyone else was having, I considered myself very lucky.
I may not be so lucky this next time so I'm wondering if I should hold off upgrading again.

Thanks in advance

My bird was updated today. Flew 3 batteries through her. They online problem I had after first start up and going through calibration and check list I fired it up took it to 6 ft or so like always and let it hovered and it began to sway a lot!!! Wouldn't stay in place. Like the gps wasn't locked. But it was. So I shut it down and departed from the beginning and it was fine!

There are hundreds of discussions on here about the new firmware but no one says whether it's better than the update last month.
SHOULD we update, or is it peppered with problems like the last one where everyone was screaming for a rollback to 1.1.9?
I got my P3A the same day the update came out, did the update and all went well. But when I discovered this board the next day and saw all the problems everyone else was having, I considered myself very lucky.
I may not be so lucky this next time so I'm wondering if I should hold off upgrading again.

Thanks in advance

If you use an android tablet, and have no issues with the existing firmware then hold tight. Another upgrade is expected soon. Once the android version of DJI GO is released you will be required to upgrade firmware, in order to install future upgrades.

I upgraded and sure wish I hadn't. Remote controller won't connect to iPhone 6+ now. It will connect to the aircraft and I can fly it but no FPV. And the results file for both aircraft and remote upgrades said "success". DJI says I will have to send it in for repair.

Most users report no problems and say that the firmware update is good and solves a lot of the glitches that were introduced by earlier versions.

I upgraded and sure wish I hadn't.

This forum should have one HUGE sticky note plastered on every page saying something like:

"Do not update your firmware if your aircraft is currently working fine."

I just don't get it. Why do people continue to fall into DJI's firmware obis with their crappy firmware updates?

Why???? Just Why????

I had an issue with my P3P reporting "gimble motor overload" and the camera was very shaky at times, after 100+ worry free flights. New firmware seems to have solved the problem. And in complete honesty (before the update) I turned my unit on a few times with the gimble protector on...probably not a good idea.

Most users report no problems and say that the firmware update is good and solves a lot of the glitches that were introduced by earlier versions.
I performed the upgrades this afternoon to the rc, bird, and batterys. Was just hovering to drain my battery and at exactly 30 percent remaining, lost video, then lost signal and received not connected message. The bird was hovering 50 ft away @ 30 ft within LOS and I still had control. Then the Gapps crashed. I restarted pilot app and everything was restored.

I performed the upgrades this afternoon to the rc, bird, and batterys. Was just hovering to drain my battery and at exactly 30 percent remaining, lost video, then lost signal and received not connected message. The bird was hovering 50 ft away @ 30 ft within LOS and I still had control. Then the Gapps crashed. I restarted pilot app and everything was restored.

Same with mine earlier today

Thanks in advance
god no don't, my p3 was great and now it loses signal very FU##ing flight, sorry just don't understand how they let this get through

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj