should i update my phantom?

Reaction score
i have the: DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle, 3-Axis Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal

bought it january 2015 and updated firmware on remote, batt, and bird. i have not updated it since. they had that update that came out (around spring?) after some dude crashed a phantom on white house lawn and peeps said that it was screwing up phantoms so i never did that update.

flew about 20+ times with no issues first half of 2015 with that same january firmware. last time i flew it was on july 4th. flew fine that morning then that afternoon kept going crazy, losing control, and trying to fly away from me so i immediately brought it down and have not flown it since. first time i had ever had any kind of problem with it.

so should more recent firmware be installed no matter what? or should i just stick with what i have and fly it that way? possibly that crazy fly away issue was just that one crazy incident that i wont have again. i was on vacation in another state at the time.

i do have a limefuel air l54p battery as well. will new update render that battery useless? TIA

i have the: DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle, 3-Axis Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal

bought it january 2015 and updated firmware on remote, batt, and bird. i have not updated it since. they had that update that came out (around spring?) after some dude crashed a phantom on white house lawn and peeps said that it was screwing up phantoms so i never did that update.

flew about 20+ times with no issues first half of 2015 with that same january firmware. last time i flew it was on july 4th. flew fine that morning then that afternoon kept going crazy, losing control, and trying to fly away from me so i immediately brought it down and have not flown it since. first time i had ever had any kind of problem with it.

so should more recent firmware be installed no matter what? or should i just stick with what i have and fly it that way? possibly that crazy fly away issue was just that one crazy incident that i wont have again. i was on vacation in another state at the time.

i do have a limefuel air l54p battery as well. will new update render that battery useless? TIA

If your firmware is v3.14 there is no update. Now if it looks like this that is a decision only you can make.
Upgrade Page_02.jpg

this is what my versions are on software version 3.6. are there improvements in performance that i should absolutely update to latest firmware?

if the firmware updates only are for adding no-fly zones then i dont want to update. but if they help with fly aways, battery performance, gimbal performance then i will do it. i have no idea what the latest firmware versions do compared to what i have on there. TIA
phantom2.jpg

this is what my versions are on software version 3.6. are there improvements in performance that i should absolutely update to latest firmware?

if the firmware updates only are for adding no-fly zones then i dont want to update. but if they help with fly aways, battery performance, gimbal performance then i will do it. i have no idea what the latest firmware versions do compared to what i have on there. TIA
View attachment 42766

There isn't much info other then the additions NFZ and since there haven't any problems with mine I'm staying put.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31