Should I swap this battery?

Reaction score
tbh, I wouldn't hesitate to get it replaced. There are too many horror stories circulating at the moment to be taking any chances.
I received a new one last Thursday, charged it Friday and it was on its way back to Amazon on Monday.
IMG_6285.PNG

As a newbie I have been searching thru this great forum to get the education I need for when I buy my phantom. The common threat to many of the issues is a failure of a component that could have been avoided. God knows there are enough ways to crash a drone when you do every thing correctly. Send it back...........

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As a newbie I have been searching thru this great forum to get the education I need for when I buy my phantom. The common threat to many of the issues is a failure of a component that could have been avoided. God knows there are enough ways to crash a drone when you do every thing correctly. Send it back...........

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you do you preventive checks correctly and fly safely, there is no known reason for it to crash. Obviously we make mistakes or ignore checks or get too enthusiastic to perform stunts, we might crash it then. FW 1.5 had a battery FW issue which used to crash P3s but it has been updated in FW 1.6. No other known issues are known to crash the bird.

Fresh off the charger and it shows a .08v variance.

Attachments

• 1454010691221.jpg
    1454010691221.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 450
Fresh off the charger and it shows a .08v variance.
Medina can i ask how you are charging this battery, are you turning on before connecting to the charger by any chance?

The individual cell voltages depicted here are of potential concern, for lipo chemistry 4.22v per cell is the absolute max they should be charhed to when full. Even slightly above this and we should expect early failure with greatly reduced usable lifespan.

I occasionally see 4.3 per cell in dji go which concerns me.

It also seems the reported battery capacity is on the low side. I typically see 4480+ mah on my batteries just off the charger.

Medina can i ask how you are charging this battery, are you turning on before connecting to the charger by any chance?

The individual cell voltages depicted here are of potential concern, for lipo chemistry 4.22v per cell is the absolute max they should be charhed to when full. Even slightly above this and we should expect early failure with greatly reduced usable lifespan.

I occasionally see 4.3 per cell in dji go which concerns me.

It also seems the reported battery capacity is on the low side. I typically see 4480+ mah on my batteries just off the charger.
These are HV Lipos, able to be charged to 4.35V/Cell.

SD

My understanding is, the gap is measured from the nearest cell, not the furthest cell. And measuring that way, it's a .06 variance and no issue.

Is a .06v variance OK for a 3 week old battery?

How much of a variance should be a cause for alarm?

I'm addressing post #5.

According to healthy drones, you shouldn't be concerned with anything under .07. And if you have a few .07 variances, that's okay too. A few is normal. If you have more than a few, you should watch the battery.

Bottom line is, if healthydrones is correct, there is no reason to be concerned at this point - looking only at the graphic in post #5. .

I am not understanding the battery information from healthy drones then. He has more than 9 major deviations.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Yeah - I see that. Fortunately it's not a horrible deviation. If it was my battery, I'd do a deep discharge. Some might not agree.

Yeah - I see that. Fortunately it's not a horrible deviation. If it was my battery, I'd do a deep discharge. Some might not agree.
I was thinking the same thing.. Deep discharge will probably get it back.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

If you do you preventive checks correctly and fly safely, there is no known reason for it to crash. Obviously we make mistakes or ignore checks or get too enthusiastic to perform stunts, we might crash it then. FW 1.5 had a battery FW issue which used to crash P3s but it has been updated in FW 1.6. No other known issues are known to crash the bird.
Pilot error issues are the biggest problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20