Should I store my battery in the quad?

Reaction score
Can I store the battery in my quad and best to take it out?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would take it out, somebody posted that they flew there unit put it in there case. Drove home 1 hr+ open the case it was hotter than crap the bird was on.

Thanks guys. It's out. Better safe than sorry.

I leave mine in my P3A. I figured it shipped that way with no issues so it must be fine to leave it in there. Also who knows how long since the battery was inserted into the P3A until it got to me. I figure if DJI thinks its okay, it must be. I just make sure I have no more than 2 led bars showing on the battery. If you leave it fulIy charged and it automatically starts discharging, the manual says it may get warm... I usually only get to fly on the weekends so its usually a minimum of 6-7 days. Longest its been in there and not used was 14 days... no issues

I leave mine in my P3A. I figured it shipped that way with no issues so it must be fine to leave it in there. Also who knows how long since the battery was inserted into the P3A until it got to me. I figure if DJI thinks its okay, it must be. I just make sure I have no more than 2 led bars showing on the battery. If you leave it fulIy charged and it automatically starts discharging, the manual says it may get warm... I usually only get to fly on the weekends so its usually a minimum of 6-7 days. Longest its been in there and not used was 14 days... no issues

When they ship the battery isn't actually all the way in, it's mostly out. Everyone thinks they saw it in but it's not pushed all the way in.

Mmm, then somehow in transit my battery became seated. My box was sealed so no one opened and resealed it (at least near as I can tell).

I know my battery was "seated", cause when I pulled the P3A out of the box, set it on my work bench and pushed the battery button to see how much charge the battery had, I must have accidentally pushed it twice as the Quad came to life. I know the battery was locked in place as I didn't see nor hear it "click" into the locked position...

And yeah I freaked abit when the gimbal was trying to go through its initialization with the lock in place...

When they ship the battery isn't actually all the way in, it's mostly out. Everyone thinks they saw it in but it's not pushed all the way in.

Mmm, then somehow in transit my battery became seated. My box was sealed so no one opened and resealed it (at least near as I can tell).

I know my battery was "seated", cause when I pulled the P3A out of the box, set it on my work bench and pushed the battery button to see how much charge the battery had, I must have accidentally pushed it twice as the Quad came to life. I know the battery was locked in place as I didn't see nor hear it "click" into the locked position...

And yeah I freaked abit when the gimbal was trying to go through its initialization with the lock in place...

It happens dji packaging dept isn't very consistent lol I sell phantoms at the hobby shop I work at and they are not supposed to be seated in but every now and then you'll have one that is.

Reactions: QuadBart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic