should I roll back the firmware and how do I do it?

Reaction score
So got my P3A and read the manuals went for a few flights. I discover the forum, read a few posts about crashes and so get paranoid, being a good boy followed DJI guidance and sheepishly followed doing the update. In everything else I do I never update till I know it is ok, leave to some other mug.

First few flights before update go atti mode loss gps, I was flying normally flat out and turning tightly so guess it was the positioning of the P3A.

Anyway do the update every flight since I have had compass error. I live in the country couple of electricity cables about 100m away, calibrated in empt field no metal. Still get the message in a flight. So do an IMU and still getting the error.

So is it possible to roll this back?
Where can I find out how to do it from 1.9.60?

Thank in advance.

So got my P3A and read the manuals went for a few flights. I discover the forum, read a few posts about crashes and so get paranoid, being a good boy followed DJI guidance and sheepishly followed doing the update. In everything else I do I never update till I know it is ok, leave to some other mug.

First few flights before update go atti mode loss gps, I was flying normally flat out and turning tightly so guess it was the positioning of the P3A.

Anyway do the update every flight since I have had compass error. I live in the country couple of electricity cables about 100m away, calibrated in empt field no metal. Still get the message in a flight. So do an IMU and still getting the error.

Thank in advance.
Yes , you can roll back to the previous FW 1.08.00.80
No need to do the RC.
Just download the FW bin from DJI's download page.

Thank in advance.
Yes, you can revert back one firmware version.
Just down load the previous one, place the unzipped bin file onto your micro sd card and install it into your drone. That easy.
You find out how here, just like now, by asking. ;-)

It's often advisable to do your IMU calibration with a chilled down drone. Place it in front of an air conditioner, or even inside a frost free refrigerator for 15 - 20mins. Just before you bring it out, have your RC turned on, with the Go app ready with the IMU calibration page open.
Replace a room temperature battery into the cold drone and start the calibration. When it's finished, calibrate the camera gimbal. Be sure the drone is sitting on a perfectly flat surface for both of these important calibrations. You can calibrate the compass properly next, when ever you go back outdoors.
Hope this helps. ;-)

Good luck. Feel free to ask more questions to get a better understanding, of these easy to fly, difficult to understand drones. Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Thanks for the help.

Until I get a good few flights without the compass error and lost gps warning not confident to fly it more than 100m out. So will roll back and hopefully get back to where I started.

Yes , you can roll back to the previous FW 1.08.00.80
No need to do the RC.
Just download the FW bin from DJI's download page.
So where is that page?? I have searched the site and I see nothing about firmware rollback???

Maybe it has something to do with the firmware fiasco that been going on with DJI. I know on the mavic and P4P you can't roll back the firmware anymore. I have a P3P, a I1, a P4P and a Mavic, I wouldn't update firmware or the Go app now for anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic