Should i recalibrate?

Reaction score
After flying, i placed a turned on p3a on roof of my car to detach propellers.
Dji go gaave me the compass error message. I turned it off tight away. Should i recalibrate the drone or its fine?

It's basically complaining because the magnetic field is being disrupted by the car. If you had moved the phantom away from the car, the warning would have gone away. If not, if you had shut off the P3 and turned it back on away from the car you probably would not have gotten any warning. Really no reason to recalibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im just far away from a perfect spot for calibration

Lol, really?
I assume your on a metal hulled boat in the middle of a huge ocean?
That's the only way I can see that you'd be more than a couple of mins walk to a spot suitable to calibrate.

I guess what I'm pilot said is true too. Next time don't turn it off until you take it away from the roof and see if that fixes it. I just would rather take the time and calibrate if you shut her down before problem fixed. I know I have flown close to my truck and got the warning and lifted about 10 ft. But always leary of something causing a problem.

After flying, i placed a turned on p3a on roof of my car to detach propellers.
Dji go gave me the compass error message. I turned it off tight away. Should i recalibrate the drone or its fine?
Why take a chance. Only takes a minute to recalibrate.
Too many people think Compass Error means there is something wrong with the compass and that calibration will fix it.
When actually the compass is fine but it's advising it has detected a magnetic field problem that needs fixing (usually by moving to a safer location)
Your compass is in the bottom of the landing gear.
You put right on top of the steel carand it's telling you that it's got a problem because of the magnetic field generated by the car.
If you just take it 20 feet away from the car, the compass error would be gone and you can fly normally.
DO NOT recalibrate in an area close to large Iron or steel objects. You risk screwing up your Phantom's compass and possible losing your Phantom.

I'd suggest testing to get a better understanding.
Put your Phantom on the car again and power up - no need to have props on.
See the compass error.
Take the Phantom away from the car and put it on the ground - see - no compass error.

Read this thread to get an understanding of what compass calibration is and when to do it.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer | DJI Phantom Forum
Fly safer with understanding.

Lol, really?
I assume your on a metal hulled boat in the middle of a huge ocean?
That's the only way I can see that you'd be more than a couple of mins walk to a spot suitable to calibrate.
And if its more than a couple of minutes walk he can drive (has his car with him). This is, as others have said, almost certainly the metal in the vehicle causing an unexpected compass reading. I used to panic when i saw them in flight but now expect them in certain situations ie a cricket pitch at the park, flying over a sea wall etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20