Should I recalibrate compass vision to naza

Reaction score
I have switched to naza mode and I not sure if I need to recalibrate the compass now, read the manual again but cant find the answer.

Any ideas.

Thanks

If you are currently in the "calibrate before every flight" camp then carry on as normal. If you are in the "don't calibrate if last flight was fine and you're not flying miles away" camp then carry on as normal.

You haven't updated the firmware, simply activated a new mode. Obviously, as with any first flight of the day, a one minute hover higher than head height a few feet in front of you is always a good thing to see if you need to calibrate.

For what it's worth I didn't calibrate the first flight after activating the NAZAM mode, but I always do the hover test. If I've done a firmware update, though, I treat it like a maiden and calibrate appropriately.

As long as you are choosing an appropriate area for calibration then doing it is fine if you so wish.

I'm going to get of the fence, now - it's starting to hurt. ;)

Pull_Up said:
If you are currently in the "calibrate before every flight" camp then carry on as normal. If you are in the "don't calibrate if last flight was fine and you're not flying miles away" camp then carry on as normal.

You haven't updated the firmware, simply activated a new mode. Obviously, as with any first flight of the day, a one minute hover higher than head height a few feet in front of you is always a good thing to see if you need to calibrate.

For what it's worth I didn't calibrate the first flight after activating the NAZAM mode, but I always do the hover test. If I've done a firmware update, though, I treat it like a maiden and calibrate appropriately.

As long as you are choosing an appropriate area for calibration then doing it is fine if you so wish.

I'm going to get of the fence, now - it's starting to hurt. ;)

Thanks for the reply pull_up. I dont believe in recalibrating every flight I have only done it once and like you always do the hover check and control checks, (comes from ppl (a) days, controls free and full of movement.)

Just wanted to make sure only have time for a quick flight before the weather changes for the worse.

I have joined the ranks of calibrating every time I fly mine. Even then, I have joined the ranks of taking off and lifting to 10 foot or so and let it hover to see how steady it holds. After a little bit, if it hovers great, I fly as needed. Seems to avoid any problems or any unsurity of issues. I used to only calibrate compass if it showed an error, but learned to at minimum of hovering to insure it doesn't move around a lot and just progressed to calibrate and hover every time to insure of no incidents. I do NOT want to have a fly away, so take a few seconds of extra precaution.

eflyer01 said:
...comes from ppl (a) days, controls free and full of movement.

Yup, and the correct sense - for aileron check I used to say out loud "left - up mine, right - up yours" to my instructor/any passenger. Most important in an aircraft that can be de-rigged!

dastagg I think that's a good idea. What I'd call "belt and braces". The important thing for whichever camp you fall into is to sense-check your controls and the quality of your GPS hover before you zip off anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers