Should I fix my Phantom 2

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a P4p and have read a lot about issues while taking off or flying near metal structures and other such interference. While my P2 doesn't use the DJI Go app, I feel like the old school nature of it is a little more reliable in some situations. Other than the fact that as I was trying to bring the batteries down to 50% for storage recently, it flipped over and flew into the driveway, it has never failed me. One of the motors seems to have a slight hitch which maybe caused the crash or not. I would need to replace the shell and 1 motor. Thoughts?

I'm about to buy a P4p and have read a lot about issues while taking off or flying near metal structures and other such interference. While my P2 doesn't use the DJI Go app, I feel like the old school nature of it is a little more reliable in some situations. Other than the fact that as I was trying to bring the batteries down to 50% for storage recently, it flipped over and flew into the driveway, it has never failed me. One of the motors seems to have a slight hitch which maybe caused the crash or not. I would need to replace the shell and 1 motor. Thoughts?

There are many horror stories on these forums about all the phantom line some are real while others are not.

Now if you decide to repair your P2 that is totally up to you as parts are becoming harder to find. These brushless are very hard to destroy maybe a bent shaft or bad bearings but the ESC modules on the other hand cannot take the same abuse as the motors. So i would replace the shell and an ECS module before a motor.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic