Should I buy phantom 3 4K new to drones n wanted to see if it worth price is 550 new

Reaction score
I was going get the standard cause I don't need miles of distance but then I saw the phantom 3 4K n saw it had almost all the feature as the advance but no lightbtidge or glonass or the distance I new to the drone world n it's 50 bucks more to get the phantom 3 4K

The P34K remote controller alone is worth the extra $50.

Yes, it has the same functions as the P3A/P3P remote controller.

DJI currently sells the P34K remote controller for $219.

Which P3? I have a P3S, P34K, P3A, and P3P.

Which P3? I have a P3S, P34K, P3A, and P3P.
U got all of them wow how will u rate them cause trying buy one I knew to drones n I know it don't got lightbtidge n glonass n distance but is the standard n 4K distance that bad

The distance depends on the interference in your flying area. If you're not happy with the distance, you could always add an antenna booster for about $100. That'll make your remote controller larger, so you'll then need to find a way to store the remote controller with that extra equipment attached -- or remove it each time when you're done flying.

I don't care for the P3S remote controller since it cannot hold a tablet as-is out of the box and it does not have all of the extra buttons. If you're planning on using a tablet with the P3S, then plan on spending another ~$40 to mod it so it can hold a tablet. At that point, it makes sense to get the P34K since it has a better remote controller along with the built in tablet holder.

As for rating them, I prefer the P3A (or P3P) since it has Lightbridge, GLONASS, a better remote controller, does not require switching the Wi-Fi connection each time I fly, and does not require mods to work around the shortcomings found in the P3S.

The P3S is by no means a bad choice though. It'll be perfect for flying up to a 1/2 mile in many locations.

Yes, it has the same functions as the P3A/P3P remote controller.

DJI currently sells the P34K remote controller for $219.
Mike,
i thought P3 Standard and P3 4K are wifi and not lightbridge like P3A and P3P.
is P3 4K lightbridge also? my understanding was that the remote looks the same as P3A/P remote but inside is a wifi transmitter (802.11n) and not lightbridge
and the only difference between P3S and P34K is the gimbal (2.7K vs. 4K)

The distance depends on the interference in your flying area. If you're not happy with the distance, you could always add an antenna booster for about $100. That'll make your remote controller larger, so you'll then need to find a way to store the remote controller with that extra equipment attached -- or remove it each time when you're done flying.

I don't care for the P3S remote controller since it cannot hold a tablet as-is out of the box and it does not have all of the extra buttons. If you're planning on using a tablet with the P3S, then plan on spending another ~$40 to mod it so it can hold a tablet. At that point, it makes sense to get the P34K since it has a better remote controller along with the built in tablet holder.

As for rating them, I prefer the P3A (or P3P) since it has Lightbridge, GLONASS, a better remote controller, does not require switching the Wi-Fi connection each time I fly, and does not require mods to work around the shortcomings found in the P3S.

The P3S is by no means a bad choice though. It'll be perfect for flying up to a 1/2 mile in many locations.
Thanks a lot for the info I got a few days to decide wishing I can get the phantom advance on speaks for 599 like it was a week ago

i thought P3 Standard and P3 4K are wifi and not lightbridge like P3A and P3P.
is P3 4K lightbridge also? my understanding was that the remote looks the same as P3A/P remote but inside is a wifi transmitter (802.11n) and not lightbridge
Right -- the P34K does not have Lightbridge. It uses Wi-Fi just like the P3S.

Reactions: hunch

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20