Should I Buy A P2V+ V3.0?

Reaction score
Hi, im from argentina (sorry about my ortografy), and i bought a phantom fc40 a few months ago, im super happy with my bird, but i want to buy a new one, im thinking about the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0, So i wanted to know if it is a good unit. How long is the flight time? how far can i go? how far does the FPV goes? Do the fly aways are common? Does anyone experienced one?
Also, any recomendations?
Thank you
Tristan

You can find the answers to most of those questions in the specs.

Considering the number of Phantoms sold, very few fly-aways have been publicly reported by Phantom owners. And, for those that have, a lot of them were caused by pilot error.

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm from Brazil, south america representing.

I wouldn't buy a Vision Plus at this time. Mainly because of the poor Wifi FPV that I don't like much, and because this version is said to be discontinued due to the "Phantom 3".

I would wait some more to see if it's really going to be discontinued, and also, to see videos and true opinions about this bad FPV solution that Dji found out. (I have a Vision Plus, and I installed an additional analog downlink, because i couldn't stand using wifi with lag and delay).

That's what I would do.

Hi, im from argentina (sorry about my ortografy), and i bought a phantom fc40 a few months ago, im super happy with my bird, but i want to buy a new one, im thinking about the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0, So i wanted to know if it is a good unit. How long is the flight time? how far can i go? how far does the FPV goes? Do the fly aways are common? Does anyone experienced one?
Also, any recomendations?
Thank you
Tristan
It is a great drone. It is worth the money. The gimball is rock steady, the camera is great. I have an FC40 and the difference is tremendous. The movies and pictures of the V3.0 are rock steady and the range is more than twice that of the FC40. I bought my V3.0 from B&H for $1169 with an extra battery. Now DJI has lowered it's prices. You might get a better deal, but beware they are selling the V2.0 with an extra battery for ~$170 less than V3.0. Go for the V3.0 it's worth the difference. Que gozes volando tu V3.0!

I wouldn't buy a Vision Plus at this time. Mainly because of the poor Wifi FPV that I don't like much, and because this version is said to be discontinued due to the "Phantom 3".
I have a V3 and have had no issues with FPV nor lag, I run on the highest setting. The V3 does everything I wanted so I bought it. It flys amazingly well.

I'll be surprised if the P3 will make me regret my purchase.

I recently upgraded from an FC40 to a Vision 2 Plus and I'm pleased to say that the P2V+ solves the 'annoyances' I experienced with the FC40 - short battery life, photo/video quality and short FPV range.

I don't think the wifi is poor at all, range is dependant on external influences of other wifi sources.
As for the discontinuation of P2, this could take a long time and for spares of new model to filter through. Buy a P2 now, enjoy it for 6 months then decided if its worth changing then.

I don't think the wifi is poor at all, range is dependant on external influences of other wifi sources.

My P2V+ works great on Wifi, if you are limited on range or have lots of interference here you are you can try upgrading the antennas on the Wifi module

Good to know that you guys are happy with your Phantoms. I don't know if there was any downlink improvement between the V2 and V3, because mine is V2.
Depending on the region I fly, wifi doesn't seems to be reliable at all. Haven't you guys experienced any small lag spikes and delay? It's not about the range, it's about the image.

Now, I use video separately on analog FPV, and telemetry + ground station on Dji vision app.

I have a V3 and have had no issues with FPV nor lag, I run on the highest setting. The V3 does everything I wanted so I bought it. It flys amazingly well.

I'll be surprised if the P3 will make me regret my purchase.
What 'Highest Settings' are you using? I have the Samsung Note 3 and am getting 'some' lag. Not terrible though, but bad enough.

Be sensible and wait to see what dji are going to announce in the next few days. I've just recently upgraded from the first vision with a taco gimbal to a p2v+ v3 and I wish I could have my old vision back. It will be a huge upgrade for you but for me the old camera had much better video quality, I had much further range and much better fpv. Do yourself a favour and just wait for a few weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.