Should be new forum rule

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

OK ranting,,,if you come here for help or questions ,please reply,,not just to me either,,it's happening everyday,,people ask and we reply with what dumb knowlage we have and they gone,,why should we reply to someone who wants help,,,just work it out yourself if that easier,,unfortunately this forum seems on the downhill slide and it's from people who not reply,,man I'm not phantom help but try to but No more,fix your bird...have a happy day

Many times we’ve seen people join the forums to make their first post, usually due to a problem or issue they are having. We’ve seen incomplete information or data in these questions where we as members need a bit more information or a clarification to help them solve their issue.

Some respond. Some do not. Even when the OP does respond, once he/she is given the solution, there is no follow up post from the OP, so we have no idea if their problems were solved. Oh well. Life goes on.

Don’t let it get to you @ianzone, Members here offer help when we can, and hope for the best. That’s all we can do.

Hey why was this moved to off topic,,this is about the phantom topic

All forums of whatever subject have their selfish members who come on ... ask help ... then never heard from again. Just mimics life out there in fact.

Majority of people say thank you - with a small minority who seem to think they can just take and walk away.

Why is because it's just a rant and this is where I put it as it's not a phantom topic its a all forum's problem .

While I didn't move this to Off Topic ( I'm just now reading it for the first time) it's very much Off Topic. It's about Phantom Forum not Phantom aircraft.

This the nature of all forums. Some people come here when they can't find the answer and end up finding their answer else where or solving the problem themselves. Just keep in mind that not everyone is a forum fanatic like some of us and they are utilizing the forum strictly as a Support Venue and not building a relationship/reputation here.

*Edit: Dirk beat me to it LOL

OK ranting,,,if you come here for help or questions ,please reply,,not just to me either,,it's happening everyday,,people ask and we reply with what dumb knowlage we have and they gone,,why should we reply to someone who wants help,,,just work it out yourself if that easier,,unfortunately this forum seems on the downhill slide and it's from people who not reply,,man I'm not phantom help but try to but No more,fix your bird...have a happy day
It was properly moved by admins to OFF TOPIC because that's exactly what it is. Just a rant and has nothing to do with Phantoms.

All Help Forums are like that. You have those that always contribute and like to help others solve problems. You have the "lurkers" who check in regularly, read and learn, but never contribute. You have those who come here strictly to ask for help. Some may come back with responses, while others take the response and go on their merry way. Would it be nice for them to stay and contribute? SURE it would. Would it be nice for every question to have all of the information we need to properly diagnose? ABSOLUTELY! However not all people think it through thoroughly when they post a question. I am in the IT world and it's the same thing. We get cryptic questions and it is frustrating. The difference here is that no one is forcing you to read those posts, respond to those posts, or even to contribute here. That is totally your choice.

If we are on the topic of rants, then perhaps I may add that people could proof-read their posts before hitting that POST button. It is much easier for those reading the posts here if we all use complete sentences and proper punctuation. One huge run-on sentence with no periods or any sensible punctuation is very difficult to understand. That is something I see a lot on forums too. Sometimes it's harder to discern the question itself than the actual issue at hand.

We’ve seen incomplete information or data in these questions
That's my biggest pet peeve right there with any forum.

Example: Someone comes on and says [post begins] "My drone don't fly right can anyone tell me why?" [end of post]

Sure, I can tell 'em why - You're a dumb*** if you think someone can definitively answer the question based on the non-information you provided!

Last edited:
Mayby a ranting forum is needed lol
Just sux when trying to help ,I has a very short fuse and sure steam comes out my ears
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Phill2
Ain't no way. You are one of the nicest guys on this forum. LOL
From the short time I've been here, I'd have to agree with that! Watched him give parts away just the other day! WV, you're a life saver in my book. You, along with others here, have helped me considerably. I do, however, have a poor sense appreciation from time to time. ianzone, forgive me if I fail into this category to cause you to post this rant. Wasn't my intention at all! Can't speak for others but THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME!!!

Brad

Last edited:
It was properly moved by admins to OFF TOPIC because that's exactly what it is. Just a rant and has nothing to do with Phantoms.

All Help Forums are like that. You have those that always contribute and like to help others solve problems. You have the "lurkers" who check in regularly, read and learn, but never contribute. You have those who come here strictly to ask for help. Some may come back with responses, while others take the response and go on their merry way. Would it be nice for them to stay and contribute? SURE it would. Would it be nice for every question to have all of the information we need to properly diagnose? ABSOLUTELY! However not all people think it through thoroughly when they post a question. I am in the IT world and it's the same thing. We get cryptic questions and it is frustrating. The difference here is that no one is forcing you to read those posts, respond to those posts, or even to contribute here. That is totally your choice.

If we are on the topic of rants, then perhaps I may add that people could proof-read their posts before hitting that POST button. It is much easier for those reading the posts here if we all use complete sentences and proper punctuation. One huge run-on sentence with no periods or any sensible punctuation is very difficult to understand. That is something I see a lot on forums too. Sometimes it's harder to discern the question itself than the actual issue at hand.
Yes. Punctuation is amazing. It's the difference between you guys, Outstanding in your field of expertise, and me simply out standing in my field of hay... ! ?

From the short time I've been here, I'd have to agree with that! Watched him give parts away just the other day! WV, you're a life saver in my book. You, along with others here, have helped me considerably. I do, however, have a poor sense appreciation from time to time. ianzone, forgive me if I fail into this category to cause you to post this rant. Wasn't my intention at all! Can't speak for others but THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME!!!

Brad
Na you reply ;) ,it just gets annoying when trying to give little help,we have no idea if suggestions we offer work or not,,one fix not for all phantoms or the same phantom so it's a guessing game of what works and what don't, trouble shooting info dji has is out dated with all the new issues about,,what work for 1 drone won't fix the other,,this makes it crazy

Reactions: Phill2
I come from UK where if you stop your car for another to go through - they wave thank you. If you hold a door - thank you ... etc.

Come to ****** ... they have a ***** word means Thank You - but believe me - its extremely UNDER used ... if you stop your car to let another through - nothing !

Seems ***** may have written some of the forums !!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie