Shorter Apple Lightning Cable?

Reaction score
Hi. Was looking to purchase a shorter cable for connecting my iPad to the controller. Can you tell me what is the ideal length opposed to the standard which is too long? As I'm based in the uk a link to a suitable cable would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi. Was looking to purchase a shorter cable for connecting my iPad to the controller. Can you tell me what is the ideal length opposed to the standard which is too long? As I'm based in the uk a link to a suitable cable would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
12 inch = perfect

Reactions: Sinisalo
I second that one Ralph M posted, I have that and it works great. I have seen video of people wrapping the regular iPhone cord around a pencil and heating it up over the toaster or with a blow dryer and then when it cools it holds the coil shape, that is an option as well.

I'm using the 1 foot Cambond cable too. They are the perfect size and very durable.

Apple devices seem to be allergic to aftermarket lightning cords in my experience. Some work for awhile but crap out in a few days or months.

I use my iPad Air 2 cord neatly looped to the correct length from RC to iPad and secured the excess with a zip tie. Looks tidy and saved a few $.

Last edited:
I have 7 of them (and counting). I haven't had problems with any of them.

Apple devices seem to be allergic to aftermarket lightning cords in my experience. Some work for awhile but crap out in a few days or months.

I use my iPad Air 2 cord neatly looped to the correct length from RC to iPad and secured the excess with a zip tie. Looks tidy and saved a few $.
I experienced that with the cambond cable. No problem using the original cable. I bought a wrap for it from dynamic3dsolutions.com and all is well.

Bought a shorter Lightning cable at the local Apple store. 1/2M

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Now that Apple is in the drone market, they should come out with 1 foot cables :)

My 20" cord seems like a nice compromise. I would rather have it a little bit longer, than stretched too taught. ;-) & this sure beats that long stock cord, that came bundled with my iPad Air 2 Cellular. ;-)
I only use that as a spare now, or for charging up the Apple device.

RedHotPoker

The @dji store display in a local Staples store, is the very nicest I have seen, anywhere. & believe me, the Phantom 3 line, is sold at a lot of locations around this capital city.
Also, as Promised, thee Phantom 4 will be on location for retail before Easter... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Take the original cord, wrap it around a pencil, tape the edges and take a blow dryer and blow hot air on it for a few minutes, let it cool off, unwrap it and it will curl up, 20 inch cord is now 6 inch cord
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31