Short video @ Manasquan Inlet, NJ

Reaction score
Still struggling with video and image quality. Shooting log, 4k 24fps, nd8 filter, iso100, manually adjusting shutter speed. Can't seen to get a slow enough shutter speed with a nd8 filter.
Downsizing to 1080 and grading in Premiere. Videos and phots just seem a little off. I'm used to shooting and editing DSLR photo/video so maybe I'm expecting too much?

Man, that horizon is tilted!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: James Connerly
Still struggling with video and image quality. Shooting log, 4k 24fps, nd8 filter, iso100, manually adjusting shutter speed. Can't seen to get a slow enough shutter speed with a nd8 filter.
Downsizing to 1080 and grading in Premiere. Videos and phots just seem a little off. I'm used to shooting and editing DSLR photo/video so maybe I'm expecting too much?

Man, that horizon is tilted!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
What are you flying?
Video seems fine over web but all depends what your intended audience and delivery media is - are you planning on displaying the video in 4K? YouTube? Vimeo?
If you have a Phantom 3 pro you should be able to turn on the grid on the app and adjust the gimbal to adjust the horizon.
Anything else like me, I sit mine on top of my car facing the horizon and adjust manually.
Nice video editing BTW!

Darkcom
DJI Phantom FC40 Mod. Miami, Florida

Thanks for the feedback Darkcom. I forgot that you can adjust the tilt in the app, thanks. This is the first time I had such a defined horizon in a shot, never noticed the tilt before. I need to pick up a darker ND filter nd8 isn't cutting it on sunny days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31