Short running video time.

Reaction score
Hi to everyone here...since I got my P4Pro + the video won't record past 6min. 38secs, 3.8gb (every recording does this). Then it starts again for another 6.38. When the same card, Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, is in my P3A it records a single video for the entire length of the flight. Any answers/comments welcome thanks.

Normal for it to be 4GB no matter the size of the card. Just the way the thing writes files in FAT32 and exFAT. You'll need to stitch them together. Your old one wrote with less video resolution so you got longer run times. You can drop the resolution down of the the P4 Pro+ for longer times, but then the quality suffers.

Fwiw, the 480GB CineSSD card in the Inspire 2 with the RAW 5XS camera does the same 4GB thing. Annoying, but it is the way it is and stitching you will do. Hopefully the P4 Pro+ doesn't drop frames between the stitching as does the P4 where I lose 5-10 frames and deal with the jump.

Reactions: BarryM
Normal for it to be 4GB no matter the size of the card. Just the way the thing writes files in FAT32 and exFAT. You'll need to stitch them together. Your old one wrote with less video resolution so you got longer run times. You can drop the resolution down of the the P4 Pro+ for longer times, but then the quality suffers.

Fwiw, the 480GB CineSSD card in the Inspire 2 with the RAW 5XS camera does the same 4GB thing. Annoying, but it is the way it is and stitching you will do. Hopefully the P4 Pro+ doesn't drop frames between the stitching as does the P4 where I lose 5-10 frames and deal with the jump.
Excellent! Thanks for the explanation...I thought the problem may be happening only to my set up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1