Short range and short height.

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I bought my 3 Standard about a month ago in usa and was thrilled about it.
Problem then soon came once i came back to Iceland.

I am at firmware 1.6.8 and app 2.8.3
When i fly straight up i get to maybe 20 to 40 meters max. Whenni fly out in straight line i get about 200 meters.

I have done this in area that has no antennas or nothing. All i get is RC signal lost and the drone comes home.

b9a215f8fe487831e8bd3172f0a48dd9.jpg

Please help... am i the only one with this problem.

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Greetings all.

When i fly straight up i get to maybe 20 to 40 meters max. Whenni fly out in straight line i get about 200 meters.
Straight up will always be the worst angle for good signal.

Greetings all.

I have done this in area that has no antennas or nothing. All i get is RC signal lost and the drone comes home.

b9a215f8fe487831e8bd3172f0a48dd9.jpg

Please help... am i the only one with this problem.

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is a known issue with the firmware version you have (1.6.8). You can either downgrade to the previous version (1.5.7), or a fix is due to be released by DJI soon (1.7.8), so you could wait for that instead. Search the forums and you'll find plenty of posts on this topic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I, like many others it seems have the same issue. I contacted DJI europe & they said to send it in for inspection but can't give a price on how much to resolve the issue. I upgraded to the recent P3C_FW_V01.07.0082 & P3C_FW_V01.07.0084 firmwares but neither worked. I would have better range from a paper plane with a gopro attached. I'm hoping there is a 1.7.8 firmware like Mike says soon.

I, like many others it seems have the same issue. I contacted DJI europe & they said to send it in for inspection but can't give a price on how much to resolve the issue. I upgraded to the recent P3C_FW_V01.07.0082 & P3C_FW_V01.07.0084 firmwares but neither worked. I would have better range from a paper plane with a gopro attached. I'm hoping there is a 1.7.8 firmware like Mike says soon.

Welcome to the forum!
Liked the Paper Plane!
I wouldn't count on new firmware fixing it at least it didn't for me in the past.
How long you had it? Did you buy it from DJI? So you can only send it in?
Here is one of many posts, related signal problems and firmware.
To be clear there is two different problems.
Loosing Remote Control Signal, and loosing video image, my links are on loosing remote control signal.
Here you go...
Terrible signal performance
:rolleyes:

Rod

Welcome to the forum!
Liked the Paper Plane!
I wouldn't count on new firmware fixing it at least it didn't for me in the past.
How long you had it? Did you buy it from DJI? So you can only send it in?
Here is one of many posts, related signal problems and firmware.
To be clear there is two different problems.
Loosing Remote Control Signal, and loosing video image, my links are on loosing remote control signal.
Here you go...
Terrible signal performance

Rod
Hi Rod, thanks for the comment. I am in the UK flying the standard with Argtek antenna mod. I was getting perfect ranges & video signal until the latest firmware upgrade. I sent in a complaint to DJI & they got the Euro office involved who suggested I send it in. I have had the P3S for a year now I think. Never had issues with it. Now, after this FW upgrade I have a weak range P3S with a tilted gimbal. Yup, the gimbal needs constant calibration too. The Argtek mod had been checked numerous times & that isn't the problem. I am not able to downgrade for some reason which is why I tried the firmwares that were listed in another thread on this site. It's annoying that I spent so much on what is now unusable for the heights & range I want.

Reactions: BillyP13
Did you try to downgrade via SD card method?
Wow, P3S for over a year, and your just getting to this forum, looks like your luck finally turned my way.

Did you try to downgrade via SD card method?
Wow, P3S for over a year, and your just getting to this forum, looks like your luck finally turned my way.
Yup. The SD downgrade only worked down to the P3C_FW_V01.06.0080 version. I was trying to get to P3C_FW_V01.05.0070 but it refuses to do it. It's currently at the P3C_FW_V01.06.0080 version without the + [P3C_FW_V01.07.0082 version] So I can't see it's fixed anything. I did notice the "Aircraft warming up" notice in amber on the DJI app was rapid flashing rather than the usual slow blink. IMU has been calibrated as well as the compass but this doesn't seem to solve the issue.
So, as of today, I have...........
1. Warming issue.
2. Gimbal misalignment [fixed by re aligning the potentiometer]
3. Range issue

I have similar issue with range and video dropping out also despite 11 satellites goes into atti mode and have a battery that won't switch off and all 4 led flashing when trying to turn off any advice gratefully received

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20