Shoot the moon

Reaction score
Any advice on getting better moon shots? Anyone with pics to show and details on how they achieved them would be great!!

Here's one from my P3Apollo mission....;):rolleyes:

moonshotfromapollophantom.jpg

I've done some, but the camera isn't really suited for that sort of thing. The moon comes up as very tiny.

you could stand in front of a mirror and drop your strides while taking a photo of your naked butt, or is that the wrong full moon?

joking aside not sure if the camera is good enough to take a decent pic of the moon (in the sky)

Reactions: ScatSpeak
The moon is surprisingly bright, photographically speaking. I recommended that you play with some ND filters to help you bring the exposure within a better range.... That said don't expect to anything other than the moon. And yes it will be tiny. The setup on the. Phantoms is not geared for such a shot.
As soon as I'm confident enough with night flying I'll give it a go when there is a harvest moon but I'm sure it will still be less than epic, lol. When really shooting the moon I'd use a 600 or longer mm lens... Very telephoto. Not something you would hang on a quad.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any advice on getting better moon shots? Anyone with pics to show and details on how they achieved them would be great!!
The very wideangle lens of the P3 is about the worst thing you could use to photograph the moon.
Unless you fly about 200000 miles closer, the full moon isn't going to be much more than a small bright fuzzy blob in a night picture.

Reactions: Ralph M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.