Shell tweaked a little

Reaction score
Hello,

So I had a crash the other day. For the most part I got off lucky. No props broke and most importantly the gimbal and camera were not damaged.

I did notice some bending on the back right arm towards the motor and can see that the prop gets a little closer to the body. I also discovered there is a crack around one of the shell screws

Currently the Shells are not available for purchase and from what I have read it is a sincere PITA to swap though the price of the shell is very reasonable.

I have taken in on some flights without issue and just wonder if there is anything I can do to repair the shell

DJI bent Arm.jpg Bent Arm, prop close to body
DJI normal arm.jpg Normal arm for comparison
DJI broken mount.jpg Crack in the top right hole in the shell

Attachments

• DJI bent Arm.jpg
    DJI bent Arm.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 326
  • DJI normal arm.jpg
    DJI normal arm.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 332
  • DJI bent Arm.jpg
    DJI bent Arm.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 349
Hello,

So I had a crash the other day. For the most part I got off lucky. No props broke and most importantly the gimbal and camera were not damaged.

I did notice some bending on the back right arm towards the motor and can see that the prop gets a little closer to the body. I also discovered there is a crack around one of the shell screws

Currently the Shells are not available for purchase and from what I have read it is a sincere PITA to swap though the price of the shell is very reasonable.

I have taken in on some flights without issue and just wonder if there is anything I can do to repair the shell

View attachment 24823 Bent Arm, prop close to body
View attachment 24824 Normal arm for comparison
View attachment 24825 Crack in the top right hole in the shell
Install some tie wraps and see if that doesn't straighten the arm out a bit. As well as protect you from cracking around the screws.
IMG_20150707_184006978_HDR.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4