Shell Cracks

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
We been lucky with the P2V's not having the issue's with this like the P3's but we do get them .
I fly hard and do bounce a lot sometimes but have really never thought about looking for any around
the motors . Well I have been seeing some strange behavior in just a hover like a little jiggle and
my video's have had a left to right slight twitch . Thought of all the normal things and tried to fix it .
Well with all the reading in P3 and seeing some of their cracking I looked at mine :eek:
This was the worst IMG_2473.JPG and the other 3 had em like this IMG_3937.JPG Might look like a scratch
but I assure you they are cracks. Have them on all 4 arms .
Just showing ya so you will check them if your's has any hours on it . Mine has more than I can count but still we need to just take a look now and again .
Time for me to order a new shell !
..This Public Service Announcement has been brought to you from the bird :)
Smiling-Ostrich--118234.jpg

The Bird Is The Word ;)

Last edited:
:eek: Ya know all mine have some like that but that one that opens just makes me wonder if that's not the reason I have the shake I do .
If it wasn't for that I'd hit the ole superglue again but I can make the motor twist back and forth . I hope a change of shells fix's the
left to right in my video's though as I'm tired of messing with the RPG .:rolleyes:

Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
Look what happened to me because 1 stupid jello ball cracked! Took me forever to track that thing down! If you remember, mine wobbled about as if it were drunk! All because of a teeny, tiny, crack in jello ball! So I bet with those cracks, the bird will act differently! ONLY 1 WAY TO FIND OUT! o_O

Definitely update when you find the solution!

I have not seen any issues with mine with just the one LONG crack, but is annoying as all get out! But I ordered a shell already, so looks like I'm doing it all AGAIN! At least no soldering, diagnosing, custom part building, wiring, calibrating, binding, testing, ect! Only a simple transplant!
Arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

Smooth like that! :cool:
J Dot

I hear ya and that was one of the first things I changed . Bout tried every thing and maybe this will fix it . You should be getting it all in the mail next week so don't make me have to wait to long to get it back :)
BaHahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: Clampit
:cool:
Sneaky , Sneaky! Be glad to help, been wanting a V2 GPS, and them new style motors, with v2.1 esc's, oh and maybe Santa will LEAVE me a barely used RPG too!:rolleyes:

J Dot

:cool:
Sneaky , Sneaky! Be glad to help, been wanting a V2 GPS, and them new style motors, with v2.1 esc's, oh and maybe Santa will LEAVE me a barely used RPG too!:rolleyes:

J Dot
the rock..nod.gif

Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
You guys do crack me up:D
Ya find something that cracks ya up huh .
Arnold stare.gif
Well do ya ..Porky Pig ?
You do know we eat fried pork skin's here in the South ..right
Call em cracklins
download_image.php

Reactions: J Dot and Clampit
Yeah come & get me but you need to get past my buddy 1st:p

giphy.gif

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Yeah come & get me but you need to get past my buddy 1st:p

giphy.gif
What ya talking man....I am your buddy . Just napping till time to have a snack :)
Crunch :eek:

See I thought this topic was about me, title = "shell cracks" thought you was talking about crackling....

Oh TJ gonna jump all over me for going offfffff topic again, shhhhhh don't tell him:eek:

Oh it's Christmas, time for joy & all that stuff, hope he turns a blind eye to this one..

Got me again TJ but it is Christmas, well it's on it's way.

giphy.gif

Here you go, my Christmas tree;)

All them presents are mine:) all DJI stuff I hope...

image.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
Spoil sport.... My tress is totally bare underneath. Mrs P better start putting all my presents there or I ain't getting up early Christmas morning.

Oh I wonder what I'll be getting..

Reactions: dirkclod
Spoil sport.... My tress is totally bare underneath. Mrs P better start putting all my presents there or I ain't getting up early Christmas morning.

Oh I wonder what I'll be getting..
download_image.php

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4