Shaky videos.. is there any way to make it a bit more stable?

Reaction score
Hi,
I got my drone a couple weeks ago and I did a few tests.
Camera picture is always shaking unless you're making a turn including camera tilt (or it just less noticeable this way).
I understand this is very small and light drone and shaking is suppose to be, but I watched so many videos online with Phantom 3 4k and Pro versions, there was no shaking at all. And seems like it's wasn't post production (for example Philip Bloom video with Phantom 3 Pro).
Since all the settings in the drone by default, maybe there's some settings that would smooth the video a bit (like lower speed of propellers, idk)
Any ideas and advises would be highly appreciated!!! :)

thanks!

Hi,
I got my drone a couple weeks ago and I did a few tests.
Camera picture is always shaking unless you're making a turn including camera tilt (or it just less noticeable this way).
I understand this is very small and light drone and shaking is suppose to be, but I watched so many videos online with Phantom 3 4k and Pro versions, there was no shaking at all. And seems like it's wasn't post production (for example Philip Bloom video with Phantom 3 Pro).
Since all the settings in the drone by default, maybe there's some settings that would smooth the video a bit (like lower speed of propellers, idk)
Any ideas and advises would be highly appreciated!!! :)

thanks!
Did you remove the gimble protector or that piece of foam in back?

If you haven't, IMU and Gimbal calibration, only have two drop pins on the rubber gimbal bushing things.

If you are hungover, best done after the compass dance, only one shot, and on beer before take off.
:rolleyes:

Checkout, IMU Calibration
UN-like beer and shots, there is no need to chill your Phantom.
:eek:

Rod

Thanks Spooky! Silly me, I never removed that plastic thing. I thought it's part of the drone! :rolleyes:

Rod, I do compass calibration every time before to fly, but never did Gimbal calibration, didn't know it's possible. Will check tonight one more time.

Thanks guys a lot!!!!! :)

Thanks Spooky! Silly me, I never removed that plastic thing. I thought it's part of the drone! :rolleyes:

Rod, I do compass calibration every time before to fly, but never did Gimbal calibration, didn't know it's possible. Will check tonight one more time.

Thanks guys a lot!!!!! :)
Stay off the compass calibrations, they can make you sick, IMU and Gimbal are two different calibrations. If the images are good (fixed), read up on them first. Let me find some good trash (info/debate) on the compass part.

Rod

Thanks Rod!
Removing that plastic thing helped and now the video is 10 times more stable :)
Thanks a lot guys!
now I should register my drone probably because police just drove by :) probably were interested who the hell flying on my street :)

Thanks Rod!
Removing that plastic thing helped and now the video is 10 times more stable :)
Thanks a lot guys!
now I should register my drone probably because police just drove by :) probably were interested who the hell flying on my street :)
I doubt it, probably a coincidence or a neighbor freaked out and called it in.
They have to do paper work on every event.

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20