shaky footage plus (rotor/propeller) question

Reaction score
Hey guy's,

So took my replacement P3S today, only flew it once before and was fine. Took it out today and started a manual take off, notice one of the props was spinning slower than the rest. I don't know why but I started to take off and it flew fine for 20 mins. Nothing shows out of ordinary on the flights log, so is this a major problem? I took propers off and on again and restarted drone just to see if it did anything but nothing.

Noticed that at one point a second prop started to spin same slow speed at other but then went back to normal. Will point out though this is happens when the drone is on the ground with props spinning and when I throttle up they all go same speed . . .

Update- after reviewing the footage I recorded I'm worried too see parts ( more than not) have very bad shake to the camera? notice the part as I descend were it shakes bad but then goes back to being perfectly stable at around 42 sec mark . . . .

Any ideas people? Hope this isn't another fault . . .

Cheers

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the ground was uneven. If so some will spin faster than the others to compensate for it. If one side is lower the props will have to spin faster than the others to level it out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The props in practicality never spin at same speed. They are all constantly being adjusted to maintain the commanded flight instructions.
Do not use idling on the ground to evaluate motor health or status.

I'm still not great with all aspects of drones but I did think this while out, also was on grass so yeah I feel better that you have all said this :)

The best way to evaluate motor health, relative to each other, is to feel motor temps post-flight. They should all be similar. They will vary a few degrees but should be similar.
This will give you a good idea of bearing status as they are the only moving/wearing part of the motors.

Reactions: Travisimo
The best way to evaluate motor health, relative to each other, is to feel motor temps post-flight. They should all be similar. They will vary a few degrees but should be similar.
This will give you a good idea of bearing status as they are the only moving/wearing part of the motors.

And if you don't trust your feel , use a Thermal/Inferred temperature reader , they are not expensive any more or barrow one from someone who does Heating & Air Conditioning .

Some folks collect tools and like to collect lots of data. That's fine. You can get them for under $20 at times.
My fingers are accurate enough for me.

Guy's just reviewed some footage from flight and the footage is very shaky in places, like its been hit by wind but it wasn't windy out? I've heard of jello effect etc but this doesn't look like jello at all. any fix for this?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4